Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Nemesis
Gerbil
Topic Author

Ipaq PDA's

Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:48 am

Just wondering if anyone has one of the 3800 or 3900 series of Ipaq PDA's or even knows a site with a good review of them (preferably the 3900's) I've been lookin around the net trying to get some good views about them but so far have only found poor quality reviews of them. Especially interested in hearing from anyone who has one and what they think of it.

Well thats about it for now...
If it aint broke, fix it till it is...
----------------------------------------
Moderating the world, one post at a time...
Cases and Power Supplies
General Hardware

Thresher
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:16 pm

I have a 3835 and love it, but I may be one of the lucky ones. There are quite a number of known problems with it. I occasionally get the "light won't turn on" issue, but I just soft reset and it works fine.

I am having a problem with getting it to charge, I think the cradle may be screwed up though.

Overall, I've been pretty happy with it, but I had fewer problems with my old Palm V. On the other hand, the iPaq does a heck of a lot more too.

I get a lot of information from http://www.brighthand.com and http://www.wincecity.com. Both of them have really good forums for getting more information.

Nemesis
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:28 pm

Cheers for the heads up, i will take a surf over there and have a look and post some questions :)

Oh and you might want to remove the trailing "." from that second url :) a typo im sure :lol:

Cases and Power Supplies

General Hardware

Nemesis
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:10 pm

Cheers for those links, i have managed to get some good information from them!!

Now all i gotta do is save up for an Ipaq 39XX, pc card sleeve, toshiba 5gb pcmcia hdd, Large SD card, Case, Wireless lan card, folding keyboard, erm...... thats about it for now :D About £1300 :o :-? :o :roll:

:o Time to start saving that pocket money i think :o

Cases and Power Supplies

General Hardware