Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Darkspark
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sony Eric, T610 Infra red probs

Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:16 pm

I got this reconditioned phone just this morning for a bargain price. Ive been checking it out all day and apart from a bad reception, its got all the features working.

However when trying to use any of the software supplied with it, such as the SE Image editor, it says that it cannot detect the phone. However the Windows XP file transfer program can send files such as pictures to the device effotlessly.

I also cannot Synchronize the phone to the PC, as its again not detected.
Its apparently using Com port 4, but there is no way to enable that in the SE Networking wizard, which I think it blocking the connection from the Sony Ericsson programs.

WHen trying to activate these ports in "control panel>phone monitor options" It says:

This operating system supports IrSockets for Infrared communication. All IrComm ports will therefor be disabled.

The two that are enabled are Com 1 and 2. However on my pc these are at the front of the computer and dont even work. 3-6 are at the back.

How can I get my phone recognised by the SE programs?

Thanks for your help.

Ps. why does pictures taken with the camera degrade once they are saved into the "my pictures" folder on the phone. The picture which looked clear when I took it, seems more blurred and textures are blocky.

dextrous
Gerbil Elite

Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:28 pm

I'd take it to your service provider and see if they will flash it to newer firmware for you. I haven't used ir to connect it to my pc, but I haven't had any of the problems you mentioned here.