Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

lordT
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

USB Charging

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:09 pm

I plan to buy a Sandisk Sansa E260 to take with me to my hostel. The problem is that I can't charge it in the conventional way since I won't have a computer to charge the thing around [I've decided not to take my lappie with me for a couple of months :-?] It doesn't seem to have an accessory which allows it to charge directly from the power socket.

I know the nano have this accessory but I am thinking of buying one with more features. I just need to know whether if I buy a powered USB hub and connect the USB cable which comes with the Sansa and switch it on, it'll charge. I have no idea as to whether it'll work or not though I think it'll work since all it needs is power. I don't need to sync anything since I'll all of that before I set off there and get home occasionally to add stuff.

I hope this works since if it doesn't, I don't have anyother choice other than to buy myself a nano :(

Any help would be appreciated :D

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:58 pm

I think it will work. I have one of those cigarette lighter things that has a USB port to charge anything that gets it's power over USB. One of my friends used it to charge his mp3 player on our camping trip last week, so I can't imagine that a USB hub would be any different.