Want a cell-PDA? SonyEricsson P800

Laptops, PDAs, Cell Phones, and all other tech that you carry with you.

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo, David

Want a cell-PDA? SonyEricsson P800

Postposted on Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:49 am

I don't really know if it's that good, but looks like a good buy at these prices:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/5/29455.html
no sig
muyuubyou
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Location: London, UK or Tokyo/Yokohama, Japan or Madrid, Spain

Postposted on Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:19 am

Well i have a P800 and it's amazing. My last phone was a SE T68i and i've been waiting for the P800 for ages now. It is on the large size for a mobile but it has almost every function i will ever need on it and looks good to. :)

It's easy to use and the screen is plenty large enough to view full web pages especially with the downloaded opera browser. there's a ton of sw available to download form my -symbian.com with more being added all the time.

The handwriting recognition is much better than i expected and it even recognises my crap hand writing. It has Bluetooth and infra red as well as coming with a desktop stand/charger which links up to your PC via usb if u dont want to use irda or BT. The only niggle here is thjat the synching software doesn't support windows 98.

It has a media player for small video files/mp3's/wav etc a built in camera which takes pretty damn good pictures. MMS/EMS/SMS's etc.

Excellent and easy to configure email client. Organiser etc. all of which can be updated and changed. I downloaded a currency converter which links up to the world bank to get the lastest conversion figures.

I downloaded tipic a couple of days ago and now have MSN/ICQ on my phone whenever i need them all hooked up via GPRS.

There are quite a few people on my forum who have one and they all love it :)

nice phone can't fault it yet :D
AMD AthlonXP 3000+ / ASUS A7N8X Deluxe V2.0 / Radeon X800 pro / 1GB Corsair XMS2700 DDR / 2 x 80GB Western Dig ATA100 7200rpm 8MB Cache / LG 52 x CDROM / LG 4082B Dual 8 x DVD Writer / Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 / Windows XP/ BenQ FP783 TFT
guru
Gerbil

Return to Mobile Tech