MWC 2011

Laptops, PDAs, Cell Phones, and all other tech that you carry with you.

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo, David

MWC 2011

Postposted on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:26 am

Ever since living here in Spain I've always wanted to go to GSMA's Mobile World Congress celebrated yearly in Barcelona. I've been interested in the mobile sector for quite sometime, and always thought having the city relatively close, it would have been a nice exhibit to attend to, see upcoming products and such.

Well, to my demise, I checked for the first time ever their passes pricing lists:
http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/regi ... prices.htm

holy heart failure batman! I never thought It would be that expensive, for once I did misread the damn title: Congress. Anything "show" is accessible for consumers, but anything "congress" gives it a more serious tone and connotation. I always thought of the thing as just another big technology showcase for mobile tech, but apparently more serious business takes place. Media and press attending the event have clear goals of reporting stuff seen, on tech blogs and websites, clearly out of my league.

Well anyways, enough rant! any of you guys planning on going this year or have been previously? what's the experience like?
TaBoVilla
Gerbil Team Leader
Silver subscriber

Re: MWC 2011

Postposted on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:00 am

TaBoVilla
Gerbil Team Leader
Silver subscriber

Return to Mobile Tech