Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Steel, notfred

Danger
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Building own internet?

Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:11 pm

I was wondering if its possible to build your own internet company. Not really a company but maybe have a few friends run off it. Not this huge major thing like road runner or others. Any one know of any sites telling how to do it or how much it costs or if its even possible? I'm sick of slow internet companies with poor tech support, not to mention the price you pay even when theres down time or the internets not working right!
Cooler MAster HAF case
Corsair 850w powersuply
MSI 790FX-GD70
AMD Phenon x4 695 Black Edition 3.4 GHZ
GSkill 6 GB DDR3 1600

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:38 am

Of course its possible, but you often need to lease the big lines in, and that usually costs a serious amount of money. Many smaller companies often share a big line for their hosting and serving needs. It can be done, just like any other business but its hard.

SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:20 pm

Aphasia wrote:
Of course its possible, but you often need to lease the big lines in, and that usually costs a serious amount of money. Many smaller companies often share a big line for their hosting and serving needs. It can be done, just like any other business but its hard.
that is why the cable company has such a nice network. they already have all their lines down. allthough, in my area the cable company put fiber optics in about 4 years ago