HELP! Squid proxy is getting me down...

The network is the forum.

Moderators: Steel, notfred

HELP! Squid proxy is getting me down...

Postposted on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:08 pm

So I want to capture a specific domain name that will go through the Squid proxy, and instead of going to the real domain on the internet, redirect it to a little text file somewhere on the proxy server.

So far, so good, right? Well, no. Does squid have a function for doing something like that? The closest I've got is replacing the error pages with the contents of the text file I wanted to redirect to, but even then squid appends some "generated %date% by %hostname% (squid)" line at the bottom with HTML that I simply have no idea where to turn off (the squid.conf file is a cesspool, the authors have never heard of a manpage I'm sure).

So I've just come here to ask how to keep it simple - I'm pretty sure a proxy as full featured as squid has a redirect to a different file option, or at least an option to turn of the HTML line at the bottom of an error page. What are these options?

EDIT: Or is there another lighter proxy server that can do the same thing?
Mothership: Thuban 1055T@3.7GHz, 12GB DDR3, M5A99X EVO, GTX470+Icy Vision Rev.2@840/3800, Vertex 2E 60GB
Supply ship: Sargas@2.8GHz, 12GB DDR3, M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
Corsair: Macbook Air Ivy Bridge
Crayon Shin Chan
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: HELP! Squid proxy is getting me down...

Postposted on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:16 pm

You might want to look at how Dan's Guardian ties in to Squid, intercepts requests and blocks them. It sounds as if you are trying to do something similar to that.
notfred
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Return to Networking