I need a DSL modem

The network is the forum.

Moderators: Steel, notfred

I need a DSL modem

Postposted on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm moving to a new house and getting AT&T DSL service. They said they would sell me a DSL modem for 150 dollars or I could just go and buy one. I would like to get a nice one with wi-fi but I'm kind of having a hard time muddling through Google for reviews and what not. I've always had the phone company provide one but I think it would be nice to shop for certain features, reliability, and GUI interface. If someone could lead me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
newbie_of_jan0502
Gerbil Jedi

Re: I need a DSL modem

Postposted on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 pm

i have been cleaning out my spare parts closet recently, and i have come across 3 modems that i was going to put up on ebay or craiglist. you can have first stab at them if you want...paypal would be the best way if you are interested.

1. motorola sb4100 - $10

2. motorola sb5100 - $25

3. motorola sb5120 - $30

plus shipping...another $5-10.

EDIT:// crap...these are cable modems...sorry just realized you need a DSL one :(
ryko
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: I need a DSL modem

Postposted on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Wow, I'm shocked they are charging you for one. Verizon said I didn't have to pay for mine unless I terminated service early. That was 2003, so I'm good.

On that note, it's a Westel DSL modem, and has been on almost all day every day for 7 years and still going strong.
"No I don't want the Ask toolbar! No I don't want Bing as my default search! No I don't want to make Chrome my default browser!"
"Good grief, man! WHAT are you trying to install on that poor computer?"
"Antivirus."
kvndoom
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Return to Networking