Cisco 837 Firmware

The network is the forum.

Moderators: Steel, notfred

Cisco 837 Firmware

Postposted on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've posted in here.

Just a simple question really. Does anyone have access to, or have the latest *.bin firmware for a Cisco 837 ADSL router? I'm currently troubleshooting ADSL2+ issues with BT. I've tried verious ATM0 settings via the console but with no success. After trawling the internet it looks like a firmware upgrade may sort this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
pattouk2001
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Cisco 837 Firmware

Postposted on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:14 pm

What version do you have and what version do you need? Do you have a pointer to the articles on it being a bug in IOS? How did you get the 837? If it came from BT then they should be able to give you the new version of IOS, if you got it from Cisco then you should have a support contract in place and be able to download it from CCO.
notfred
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Cisco 837 Firmware

Postposted on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a purchased Cisco 837, not a BT supplied one. We don't use the 2Wire routers they provide at the sites. The current Firmware version is "12.4(5b)". I'm speaking generally. This is also advise from our allocated BT manager. However, the techies at BT themselves aren't sure to be honest, I'm going mainly on reports online off varying forums suggesting a firmware upgrade will work. However I don't have any particular versions suggested as an example unfortunately.

I do have the running config I can post if you like, however I've messed with the ATMO interface to destruction.

Cheers.

P.S.

I do have a CCO contract, but I need to pay additionally for a firmware update, which to be honest, if I can obtain this for nothing for testing, I would rather at this stage. As if it works, I will upgrade the other varying Cisco's we have at the other sites to resolve the problem if and when it occures.
pattouk2001
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Return to Networking