wmp54g v.4 linksys wireless adapter causes op to do a hard r

The network is the forum.

Moderators: Steel, notfred

wmp54g v.4 linksys wireless adapter causes op to do a hard r

Postposted on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:59 pm

i just installed a wmp54g v.4 linksys wireless adapter. as soon as it detects a wireless signal upon booting it causes the pc to do a hard reboot endlessly. what can i do
jimimajor
Gerbil

Re: wmp54g v.4 linksys wireless adapter causes op to do a ha

Postposted on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:16 pm

any idea at all
jimimajor
Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 am

You could try pulling the adapter so that you can boot, cleaning up all the drivers for it and then trying it again.

It may help if you post OS (including service packs) and driver version that you are using.
notfred
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Postposted on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 am

Please don't double post, moving this to the Networking forum where you also posted it.
notfred
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Postposted on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:46 pm

notfred wrote:You could try pulling the adapter so that you can boot, cleaning up all the drivers for it and then trying it again.

It may help if you post OS (including service packs) and driver version that you are using.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition and I did pull the adapter. After it booted up I reinstalled the adapter and then tried to update the driver using the latest driver provided to me through linksys. Windows said a better driver could not be found than the one i was already using. Whats really funny is that when i bring the computer to my house and hook it up it works fine, however, when i take it to my daughters house as soon as it detects her wireless network it goes back to endless rebooting. Any ideas. And sorry for posting twice. I am very new at this. Thanks for any help you can offer
jimimajor
Gerbil

Return to Networking