Wireless Printer suggestions

The network is the forum.

Moderators: Steel, notfred

Wireless Printer suggestions

Postposted on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:36 am

Morning all (well, it is for me anyhow),

I have a personal friend who is in need of a wireless printer to go with her new laptop that I've spec'd for her. I have plenty of experience networking things, but I'm looking for recommendations for a simple home solution that is easy to integrate with existing wi-fi. Ideally it's as idiot proof as possible as I know inevitably after setup somehow it'll get messed with. I usually purchase from NewEgg and Amazon exclusively. Thanks.
Corsair 600T | ASUS P8P67 PRO | Intel 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | EVGA 560 TI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB | Corsair HX650 650W
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber

Re: Wireless Printer suggestions

Postposted on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:19 am

We love the Canon AIO that we got. We paid $40 for it on sale. MG3120 I believe. You do have to install their software to use the wireless, unfortunately, but I don't know that any other vendors are any different. Wireless scanning is a little more tricky than just printing.
Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Postposted on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:27 am

At home, been using the Brother dl-2270dw laser printer for and its on our wireless network. Works great, no fuss. Install of toner is also easy. And the print quality on it is light years ahead of our old Epson Inkjet printer.
RtFusion
Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Yes, Brother printers are a very good choice for inexpensive and reliable printers, Wireless or not. I have the same model (HL-2270DW) at our house in Florida, works well with all of the wireless devices and was pretty easy to configure.
My subscription allows you people to exist on this site and makes me a better human being than you'll ever be
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Return to Networking