Need GNS3 and Virtualbox advice again...

The network is the forum.

Moderators: Steel, notfred

Need GNS3 and Virtualbox advice again...

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:17 pm

I've got a sample GNS3 topology set up (2 2610XM routers, a 7200 VXR, two "Swouters", and a Windows 2008 R2 Virtualbox guest running PRTG (for syslog, snmp, and netflow stats/graphing).

The routers and swouters all communicate just fine. I'm using the vboxwrapper to get the VB guest into the topology, but so far only UDP Tunneling works, and that's as pointless at directly connecting the PRTG host to a router. I've tried host-only adapter, bridged, and internal network settings, but no effect.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Conversely, does anyone know of a QEMU image that supports SYSLOG, SNMP, and netflow graphing out of the box? Maybe I'll have better luck with that, or will I run into the same networking issues?

I've got this setup as practice for an upcoming cert exam, so time is of the essence for me. I can set up all the parameters needed on the Cisco gear, but I'd like to use PRTG or Kiwi to see how the monitoring side works.

/I've also asked on the GNS3 forums, and the IT goons at somethingawful, but no responses. TR might be my last hope to getting this to work properly. :(
Hz so good
Gerbil Elite

Re: Need GNS3 and Virtualbox advice again...

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Help me Tech Report Kenobi. You're my only hope!

Hz so good
Gerbil Elite

Return to Networking