Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, Thresher

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Boxee

Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:03 am

Does anyone currently use it or has tried it?

I am trying to jump on Board this XMBC but I am not seeing much of a benefit to it. :-?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Re: Boxee

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:59 am

OK kinda Necro'd this....

I have been using Boxee for months now And I love it.....now comes word that Hulu is pulling their feeds from it...Fsk Hulu in the ear. I am seriously pissed about this. And they think they will generate viewership. No thanks I will just go torrent my shows now :evil:
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:06 am

tanker27 wrote:
Now comes word that Hulu is pulling their feeds from it...Fsk Hulu in the ear. I am seriously pissed about this. And they think they will generate viewership. No thanks I will just go torrent my shows now :evil:

Or you could just grow up and realize that these things ebb and flow. You know that Hulu just agreed to do what their content providers asked in not allowing the pass-through to boxee.
As always, slight inconvenience is no excuse for piracy. :roll:

mongoosesRawesome
Gerbil XP

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:08 am

I don't think Hulu had much of a choice. http://origin-blog.hulu.com/2009/2/18/doing-hard-things

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:26 am

Usacomp2k3 wrote:
Or you could just grow up and realize that these things ebb and flow. You know that Hulu just agreed to do what their content providers asked in not allowing the pass-through to boxee.
As always, slight inconvenience is no excuse for piracy. :roll:

Such a witty retort. And if you have followed any of my comments on the piracy issue, you would know I would never do that. It was a comment that states what some people would do.

mongoosesRawesome wrote:
I don't think Hulu had much of a choice. http://origin-blog.hulu.com/2009/2/18/doing-hard-things

Actually I cannot see what Hulu themselves are saying cause it blocked here at work.

I do know this: Hulu received 90% return on the revenue generated through Boxee and TV.com through adds. That to me is some contract. Also Hulu increased viewership by almost 300% when added to tv.com. So now what? I am more expecting that Hulu will charge for its access.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 am

The link says what Usacomp2k3 couldn't wait to jump on you about, except without the self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitude - they say their content providers requested that Hulu not be available via Boxee.

But if you're trying to do it on a Mac (this being the Apple sanctuary and all), you're in luck.

http://www.macworld.com/article/138862/understudy.html
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 am

derFunkenstein wrote:

Woot thanks I will give it a try!

I just loved Boxee though it brought together all my media into one nice and neatly wrapped app. It was smooth and easy to use. But without Hulu I dont think it will survive. :(
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:23 pm

I was thinking of something else entirely.
http://www.galactica.tv/battlestar-gala ... boxey.html