Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, Thresher

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Topic Author

PSA: Macheist nanoBundle freebies

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:52 pm

http://www.macheist.com/

As far as I can tell there are no strings attached outside of free registration. All of this software is, obviously, for Mac, so I put it here. It's just free, licensed software:

ShoveBox - a draggable "inbox" or "todo" list in your menu bar, I might use this
WriteRoom - full screen, plain text editing for writing your novel. I probably won't use it.
Twitteriffic - uh, no.
TinyGrab - probably useful to people who need to share screenshots to share with others - I know that if my parents were on a Mac and my mom was trying to explain something to me, I'd have her use this to make a screenshot and upload it automatically. Kinda neat.
Hordes of Orcs - tower defense game
MarinerWrite - not available yet, but will be if this bundle reaches 500k downloads. It's a word processing app, and it's supposed to be pretty lean.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

SNM
Emperor Gerbilius I

Re: PSA: Macheist nanoBundle freebies

Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah, I've used MacHeist bundles before and don't see any strings here. Just note that on your receipt page you are automatically signed up to receive mailings from the developers, so uncheck those and hit the button to change if you don't want them.
Core i7 920, 3x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 80GB X25-M, 1TB WD Caviar Black, MSI X58 Pro-E, Radeon 4890, Cooler Master iGreen 600, Antec P183, opticals

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Re: PSA: Macheist nanoBundle freebies

Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Oh that's true, they do send occasional emails, but I get them so infrequently they're not a bother. And sometimes they have things like this. I bought the first Macheist bundle, and it was worthwhile. The second was worthwhile but I already had a couple of the apps in the package and I didn't think it was worth spending the full $50 on what was left that I'd have liked.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen