Seagate go formating

From OSX to iPods, iTunes to Mac Minis, and all other things Apple.

Moderators: David, Thresher

Seagate go formating

Postposted on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:21 pm

So i have a 500gb Seagate Go (Non-mac version), that i would like to use occasionally with OSX. I installed NTFS-3G so i can read/write on the drive but results have been less then stellar. Occasionally, when transferring files it would error and require a system reboot in order for me to be able to access the drive again (very annoying). Also, the files transferred from OSX onto the drive, Windows can read them but cannot copy them (Somewhat annoying). And NTFS-3G causes my bootcamp startup partition option to disappear. The partition is still there and intact, but i just cant access it from OSX, removing NTFS-3G fixes this (kinda annoying).

So, would it be worth it to save the headaches to format the drive into a FAT32 drive so i could freely use it between OSX and Windows? Or can anyone suggest a better solution.
Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.
Jive
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Seagate go formating

Postposted on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Have you tried the Paragon NTFS trial?

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/

Be sure to remove NTFS-3g first. Or you could format it HFS+ and use something like HFS Explorer or MacDrive on Windows, depending on which OS you use the drive with most often.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Re: Seagate go formating

Postposted on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Worked like a charm, thanks. :)
Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.
Jive
Gerbil Jedi

Return to Apple Sanctuary