iTunes Store

From OSX to iPods, iTunes to Mac Minis, and all other things Apple.

Moderators: David, Thresher

iTunes Store

Postposted on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:20 am

Help! Ok so there is this song that is offered in the UK iTunes store and I want it! How do I go about getting it from iTunes? Anyone have a work around for this? My main iTunes account is obviously tied to the US Store and I dont have a UK mailing address available.

(I would rather not steal music :) )
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Re: iTunes Store

Postposted on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 am

Do you know anyone there who could buy a DRM free version of the song and send it to you? It seems to me that this would be one of the easier ways to get it.
The Green Fairy
Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:25 am

Honestly you're out of luck if you're trying to go through iTunes. I'd suggest you look at some other online music stores (like Amazon) to see if they have the song.
Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:49 am

Skrying wrote:Honestly you're out of luck if you're trying to go through iTunes. I'd suggest you look at some other online music stores (like Amazon) to see if they have the song.

This. Or just be up front and ask here if anyone has legitimate access to the song.
2014 21" iMac w Intel Iris Pro
ssidbroadcast
Graphmaster Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 am

So much trouble. I dont understand why iTunes is region locked. That makes no sense to me. I wonder if the artists and studios know this. I wonder if they care? If I was either and some dude wanted to hear more of me/ a particular artist I would be excited about it.

/shrug
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:18 am

tanker27 wrote:I dont understand why iTunes is region locked. That makes no sense to me. I wonder if the artists and studios know this.

Umm. Locked because of the studios. Apple strikes distribution deals with the studios, who have limited rights to distribute in certain countries around the world.
Core i7 920, 3x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 80GB X25-M, 1TB WD Caviar Black, MSI X58 Pro-E, Radeon 4890, Cooler Master iGreen 600, Antec P183, opticals
SNM
Emperor Gerbilius I

Postposted on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Well thats just plain dumb. As widely used as iTunes, I as an artist would push for a "universal release".
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:13 pm

I don't know that artists retain the distribution rights to the tracks they record. The studios/labels generally lock those up.

-SF
"Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror, and you would not have been notified."
SlyFerret
Graphmaster Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Yeah, it's definitely not up to the artists or the distributor (Apple). It's the sole discretion of the owner of the recording, which is the label. No wonder more and more people are self-publishing their music.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Return to Apple Sanctuary