Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

rogelio
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Case and PSU

Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:41 pm

I need to buy a new case and PSU for my PC upgrade...

I want to go with a good power supply (Antec, Enermax, or Thermaltake - at least 400W)... and as for a case... I really don't care as long as comes with the full (six) 3.5" bays and front USB.

Seems like it's sort of expensive at NewEgg to purchase the case (without a PSU) and a namebrand PSU separately (on account of S&H).

Does anyone know of a reputable place with good deals on such a PSU/Case mentioned above?

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:54 pm

In your neighborhood...electroseller.com...they have some decent buys on cases ....w/or without psu's...and your shipping will be next to nil :wink:

the_silver_bullet24
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:57 pm

Antec's Performance Plus AMG, Performace II and Solution Series All have Front USB and 6 Drive bays (4 internal and 2 external). They all also have at least 400 watt PSU's either TruPower or SmartPower except for a few models with have 300 or 350 including the Solution Series. The Performance PlusView 1000AMG however does not have a power supply but is the only one with a Clear side window if that matters at all.

The Performance Series' are quite large if that is a problem and have said to be heavy if that at all matters. For cooling it used 4 or 5-80mm Fans (2 front, 2 back, 1 on the side on certian models and they are all included) The Solution Series are Mid-Tower cases and still have 6 drives bays so it could be a little cramped inside. These cases have 92mm Fans (1 back 1 front but only has a back fan stock)

Reviews:

Performance Plus Series

SLK3700BQE