Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

wijsheid
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Can anyone tell me anything about thermaltake cases?

Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:47 am

Hi1, I am trying to build a system and liked the thermaltake v2420 case with a psu of 420(thermaltake too) this tower is huge. Is there any reason I shouldn't get this case? or should I get it. I'm not too knowledgeable with computers, I am a begginer.. So any comments on this would be appreciated!!!1 IS there any good or bad reputation on thermaltake products in general?

SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:57 pm

they're good, but in my experience they're very in-efficiant with the cooling, and very loud. and big, I generally don't like full tower cases unless I'm planning on having a LOT to fill it with.

brainchild786
Gerbil Elite

Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:08 pm

I have a thermaltake case and i really like it. Although it has 7 case fans its not too noisy and the noise is just a low-pitched hum. Plenty of space for working in as well and plenty of drive space. Also mine came with a fan controller but i dont know the one ur talking about will.
Easily Distracted Genius

SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:11 pm

I see the thermaltake cases like I see a catholic church... very baroque... lots of decoration, but it's just a case at heart, nothing special. If you're into the whole riced out computer scene, then a thermaltake will suit you well, if not, then get a lian-li or an antec

the_silver_bullet24
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:26 pm

I'd only buy big cases like that unless I was a LAN gamer but I'm not.

You can't go wrong with ThermalTake but the problem with there cases is the looks of them..*shutters* I'd take an Antec over a TT anyday.

SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:39 pm

agreed, antec have a more refined look, where TT looks like a kid's remote controled car... very gaudy and non-functional

I don't think they make good LAN cases either, because of their oddly large dimensions. I'm not concerned with weight (fairly strong person... lugs 19" CRT to LANs), I just want something that can take a decent beating and stay quiet

Lian-Li are top of the line aluminum cases, if you want one of those

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:11 pm

Go to newegg and look up cases...and scroll thru all the different mfgrs..and their offerings...if you find somethin you think you like..as a few questions about it...someone will be happy to help....im partial to the Chieftech cases...but its all personal preference..a case is a case is a case...if you dont look at it much...anyone will practically work... :wink: The only thing to remember is to get a decent PSU. Thermaltake PSU's are top of the line and quite a bit cheaper than the Antec or Enermax of comparable quality.

Welcome to the forums

SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:30 pm

I would avoid getting a case at newegg, they'll kill you in shipping (usually they're good about it, but it can add to the cost significantly)

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:24 am

Newegg does have free shiping on several cases though, my most recent antec case I bought came with free shipping and ended up saving me $30.