Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

mattc
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Shuttle SS51 output to TV & Monitor

Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:44 pm

Hi. I'm considering getting the SS51 to use as a multimedia station & to do a bit of gaming on. At present I've got a Matrox G400 Dual Head card which isn't great but is OK for a bit of LAN party ass whuppin' with Woldfenstein! :wink:

I've recently been playing with the DigiSender TV transmitter (which works rather well.. especially when I use the IR keyboard from the lounge & control the PC upstairs!!).

I was wondering how the TV output on the SS51 works (without the upgrade to a spanky new Ti4600.. that'll be a future purchase!). Does it just clone whatever is on the monitor using hardware.. and do I specifically have to switch it on to output to a TV (like I do on the G400 which affects framerate)?

All I want is for me to be able to switch on the PC and not worry whether I'm going to either switch on the monitor, or switch on the video transmitter.

Any experiences with this nice bit of kit would be appreciated!

Matt.

msawyer
Gerbil In Training

Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:12 pm

Whatever you do, make sure that you use Windows XP as the OS. I have only tried the Pro version so I can't say what the home version is like on the Shuttle-X but I can say that if you try to use Windows 2000 Pro you will be in for a HUGE disappointment.

See my other post for details:

http://www.tech-report.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2829

:cry:

mattc
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering w2k after all the hassle over XP SP1 being more tight on dodgy keys (me have a copy.. naa, but my friend might :roll:).