What is a case?

Enclosures, modding, blowholes, and the power needed to run it all.

Moderators: Nemesis, SpotTheCat

What is a case?

Postposted on Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:23 am

Just wondering, i am trying to build my computer knowledge.
wheatley
Gerbil

Postposted on Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:47 am

kidding, right?

assuming you aren't, its the housing for most of your computer components. it protects the fragile innards of the comp and provides an easy way to confine, connect and cool them.
1 GHz on a 100 MHz FSB...gotta love technology.
farfolen
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:54 am

Oh i know that, i thought it was something complicated since people buy different types of cases.What is the difference between them all?
wheatley
Gerbil

Postposted on Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:55 am

I'm not going to be sarcastic or rude, because that is not behavior tolerated in these forums. If you didn't know the question, at least you were brave enough to ask. Farfolen just about covered the topic though. Cases can be quite fun if you look beyond their mere "purpose" and look at it as an art form (for geeks anyways). You can add all sorts of mods to it like windows, lights, colored fans, etc. I personally was too lazy to mod a case myself, so I got one of those aluminum Antec type full tower cases with a window in the side (kind of looks like the Alienware cases). It is a striking blue and is a pleasure to work with. When looking for a case, I would suggest you take into account looks, room inside, placements for fans, rounded edges (cutting yourself kind of hurts), room for expansion, and a standard form factor (ATX, all variants). If you have any other questions, just ask, we don't bite (most of use anyways). :)
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan
eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:01 am

Thanks.
wheatley
Gerbil

Postposted on Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:06 pm

Hey-

Check out some case mod site to get an idea about the range of expression available to you. Many are out there, just google "case mod".

http://www.pimprig.com

-E!
-Eric

Please don't quote me on this.
ericfulmer
Gerbil XP
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:30 pm

Cool.
wheatley
Gerbil

Return to Cases and Power Supplies