making your own case time!

Enclosures, modding, blowholes, and the power needed to run it all.

Moderators: Nemesis, SpotTheCat

making your own case time!

Postposted on Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:49 pm

backround, skip if you want to get to my question fast: I am intteresting in making a case, out of wood. I want it fairly light, and I plan on having two 120mm fans in the front, room for two 5.25 and two 3.5 drives in the middle, and a water cooling radiator up top, blowing out.

questions:
what are good materials to use?
anyone have, or know where some pics are of a good design? I don't want to copy it, I will mod it to my liking, but I'd like to have a look at what other people have done, and what other people have had trouble with.
SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Postposted on Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:02 pm

Here's one that doubles as a planter box. This one is huge, but provides a step by step tutorial. And another one. A 3rd place victory in a case modding competition (scroll down about half way).
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously. -Noam Chomsky
R.O.O.T.
Gerbil

Postposted on Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:52 pm

yeah. I don't really like any, the first one is probly going to be the closest to the one I build. I don't perticularly like the tower look. if I do do one, it will probly be about the size of two shuttle boxes next to eachother.
SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Postposted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:26 am

Good ones but not close to my requests and taste,i find the idea of making a case of wood intriguing, well my friend go for it and what you achieve,the effort is what case modding is all about,its the pleasure of creation... :D
Drizzt

drizzt
Gerbil First Class

Return to Cases and Power Supplies