Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

Sunburn74
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

What to do with old cases and PSUs?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 am

Hi,
I have a bit of a problem. I have two excellent PC cases in working condition and two excellent PSUs that I have no need for and absolutely want to get rid of. They have all been used for more than 1 to 2 years and I will be grabbing a new case (a silverstone FT02) pretty soon.

I have no interest in selling my old cases or PSU (though that would be nice, but probably not worth the hassle), nor interest in recycling them into builds. I have no one who needs a case or PSU, and simply want to get rid of them all. What is the best and enviromentally friendly way to deal with old PC cases and old PSUs?

Thanks for the time and responses.
i7 2600k @4.4 ghz 1.26v - GA-P67X-UD3 - 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz - Evga Geforce GTX 570 - 2x 120gb Vertex 3 Raid-0 - Seagate Barracude 1.5TB - Silverstone FT02- HP 2709M Monitor

Dirge
Gerbil Jedi

Re: What to do with old cases and PSUs?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:15 am

I have seen someone turn an old case into a letter box. Pretty strange really.

Why not find a charity that recycles old computer parts into workable machines? I wouldn't let any good hardware go as you are bound to need it again when you least expect. How about making your own server?
FDISK /MBR

MadManOriginal
Gerbil Jedi

Re: What to do with old cases and PSUs?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:20 am

You could list them on your local Freecycle. There's a guy in my area who takes free parts and makes builds which he then relists and gives away.