I have a 2600K, some tower cooler, 7970m, M12II-620.
Currently it's sitting in a PC-7FNW.
I've decided it's toooo noisy and that something has to change. I think the primary problem is the 7970 under load.
FT02 time! I was very tempted to get the FT02 with the 2600K (bought at launch), but hey - it's not too late. Nothing else is 90 degrees except the TJ11 or RV02 and 90 degrees seems to be the best for 7970-reference-style coolers, TJ11 is far too pricey, if i can't get the FT02 windowless I might just get an RV02.
Compressed air +
1. Add a lian li EX-36B1(this puts a fan intake in the front of the case)
2. Replace the fan in that with a Silverstone apa 122/apa123?
3. Replace the case input fan with a Silverstone apa 141
4. Replace the cpu cooler fan with a scythe
5. Replace the reference 7970 cooler with a Arctic extreme 7970.
Option 2 should be cheaper even if for Option 1 I only get a RV02, but I'm not sure I really want to do 5. What do you think? Is the FT02 or RV02 still going to be quieter?