By stroke of luck I was able to come up with a solution that fit perfect for me. The idea is to use the "cro" side of velcro (the hook or crochet side) and simply stick the filter on. Take a look:
- FrozenCPU.com Premium Dust Filter Material (I opted for 3mm but there's no reason this wouldn't work for 5mm sheet)
- One to several boxes of Velcro 4 in. X 2 in. Industrial StrengthStrip
1. Cut the hook side of the velcro into thin strips (you really don't need a lot, these strips are <5mm in width) and apply them in a perimeter around the fan.
2. Cut out some filter material and stick onto the velcro hooks.
3. YOU'RE DONE!
4. Remove/wash when dirty and re-apply filter to the velcro.
This area that the photo was taken above is on the bottom of my case. I needed some on the sides as well (the SG02 is pretty much all grill on the sides). I decided to place the velcro/filter on the inside. There aren't any fans attached to the side but air (and dust) is getting sucked in by the GPU and CPU fans.