Fans for water cooler

Enclosures, modding, blowholes, and the power needed to run it all.

Moderators: Nemesis, SpotTheCat

Fans for water cooler

Postposted on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:33 am

Hello, I am looking into replacing my stock CPU cooler and am looking at getting the corsair h80i, however I am not sure whether or not I would be able to mount it in my case; I only seem to have 3 fans currently in my system, the stock GPU fan, the stock CPU fan and the PSU fan, and I cannot seem to find a mounting slot for the case fan so that I can attach the corsair fan to it, although in all honesty I do not know exactly what I am looking for, is it unheard of for a case to have no mounting slot for case fans? I have a feeling there would be somewhere to mount it. i ma unsure as to the male and model of te case, however it is of a moderate size and i do not think it was a budget case, although I could be wrong, so will I probably have a slot for the fan? Thanks
jamwookie
Gerbil In Training

Re: Fans for water cooler

Postposted on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:18 am

It would help if you tell us the brand and model of your case ;) If you can't figure it out, you should have in the back of your case a 120mm fan mount, probably occupied already. This could be the only place you could fit your cooler. You probably want to check for spacing before you buy your new cooler.

Check the specs of the cooler and measure your case clearance: http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series- ... m_store=pt
Intel i5 3570K - Corsair A50 - Asus P8Z77-V - Corsair 2x4Gb - Asus 280X Direct CU2 - 2x Corsair F90 - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb - Antec One Hundred - Corsair CS750M - ASUS MX239H AH-IPS - Logitech LS21 - Logitech K520 Combo - Win 8.1
Nokia Lumia 920
Jon1984
Gerbil XP
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:42 am

Why are you starting a new thread for this? You (moderators now) can just tack it on to the original thread. Does this mean you've gone through all the steps listed there and still having problems?

Like Jon said:
1) We'd need to know what case you have. If it's not an aftermarket case, pictures would work just as well.
2) Most aftermarket cases have at least 1 fan mount.
i5-3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-m, Asus GTX660 TOP, 120 GB Vertex 3 Max IOPS, 2 TB Samsung EcoGreen F4, 8GB G-Skill @1.25V, Silverstone PS07B
DPete27
Gerbil Jedi
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:30 am

Either that or post pics of the case front, back, sides, and inside.

If you are using a BTX style case where the processor is cooled by air coming in the front. (DELL 755 etc.) then you may be able to mount it in place of the front shroud etc.
I wish to see things not as they are but as they should be.
Aranarth
Gerbil Elite

Return to Cases and Power Supplies