Captain Ned wrote:PSUs have fans because there was once a time when the only fans moving air out of the case WERE the PSU fans.
JustAnEngineer wrote:A PSU fan is required by the ATX specification for cooling of components in the case, as Captain Ned described.
Voldenuit wrote:From what I can tell, Fanless PSUs (often):
1. Have higher quality components rated to higher temperatures.
2. Have (marginally) better efficiency than regular PSUs
3. Have bigger heatsinks than regular PSUs
4. Have more open airflow than regular PSUs.
5. Sometimes, are based on more advanced technology like DC-DC units
think cooling is very required to control the humidity of psu......
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests