Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, morphine

plebben
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Wed Mar 13, 2002 10:09 am

I have a Soyo dragon+ M.b wich is supposed to run athlon xp 1800+ as far as i know, right?
the problem is that i cant run it at 1.5 ghz it only runs in 1150 mhz...(i put the fsb to 100mhz instead of the default 133mhz) if i use 133mhz fsb the computer restarts as soon as i enter windows xp. Sometimes i get a bluescreen in windows with a lot of **** up numbers and poop. i checked the powersuply and its 300W so no problems there.. can it be defect memory modules or is something in the cpu damaged?

My config:
Soyo dragon+
Athlon xp 1800+
512MB memory
IBM 60gb HDD
Creative GeForce3 Ti200
Memorex thirty two maxx cd-rw
Internal iomega zipdrive

the temp in my computer is somewhere around
50-60 degrees C

Another problem i have is that i get no sound in Divx movies. Mpeg movies and plain avi movies are fine but divx doesnt work.. have tried divx 4 codec and divx 5 codec but no sound.. the sound problem is only in windows media player.. in the Divx playa that folows with the bundle and the codec all movies just hangs up tha playa and nothing happen. no image no sound no nothing.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Wed Mar 13, 2002 11:39 am

It could be DIMM placement of the RAM. Have you tried moving the DIMM/s around?

What kind of sound card do you have or are you using on board sound?

50-60 C is a little high for XP mine runs no higher than 45C, what heatsink and fan are you using?

No roadmarch should begin without saying, "Driver move out!"

Why walk when you can ride?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tanker27 on 2002-03-13 13:15 ]</font>

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Wed Mar 13, 2002 9:19 pm

Not to beat a dead horse here, but which drivers are you using for your Creative GeForce3Ti 200? Are they WHQL-certified?

plebben
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:15 am

the divx problem is solved dunno how but one day it just started working without a reason.. very wierd...
as for the dimms i havent tried that.. didnt know that could make ant differnce but if you sugest so ill give it a shot.
using the onbord sound card(with digital optical out :wink: yea) but the sound provlem is solved, as i said, somehow...
dont remember what name the fan and sink had.. but i know i didnt buy the cheapest one but i didnt buy the most expensive one either... it had a mark on the box that siad it could go up to 1500mhz and the site i bought it from said it was tested for atleast 1600mhz

drivers for geforce are tested with both unoff. whql stuff and official+whql nvidia drivers.