Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, morphine

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Desktop Trinity

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Where I really expect to see Trinity is in slim MiniITX builds that don't physcally have space for an expansion card.
There are plenty of small, half-height Mini-ITX cases around such as the Antec ISK-300 or the Coolermaster Elite 100 which could easily house a Trinity with an active cooler.

If you were trying to do an i3 build with discrete graphics, you're limited to something like a Silverstone Sugo, Coolermaster Elite 120 or even the Bitfenix one that's so large (For a miniITX case).
I was discussing miniITX builds at the LAN last weekend and there's definitely a market for tiny little boxes that fit in places that won't accomodate a build tall enough for an expansion slot.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

Arclight
Gerbil Elite

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Chrispy_ wrote:
Where I really expect to see Trinity is in slim MiniITX builds that don't physcally have space for an expansion card.
There are plenty of small, half-height Mini-ITX cases around such as the Antec ISK-300 or the Coolermaster Elite 100 which could easily house a Trinity with an active cooler.

If you were trying to do an i3 build with discrete graphics, you're limited to something like a Silverstone Sugo, Coolermaster Elite 120 or even the Bitfenix one that's so large (For a miniITX case).
I was discussing miniITX builds at the LAN last weekend and there's definitely a market for tiny little boxes that fit in places that won't accomodate a build tall enough for an expansion slot.

Or something like this?
http://www.fanlesstech.com/2012/10/amd- ... lence.html
nVidia video drivers FAIL, click for more info
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

flip-mode
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 am

Added link to TR's review to first post. TR's articles are the best.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:49 am

Arclight wrote:

Heh, that kind of reminds me of these cheap-ass old beaters on the road that can't be worth $500 as scrap, yet someone pays $1000 for the stereo and $2000 on the rims.

Isn't that a $400 HTPC case? I'd probably look for a solution based on a mobile platform with that much money to burn and get an i7 with a 680M instead ;)
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.