Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on September 1

Discussion of all forms of processors, from AMD to Intel to VIA.

Moderators: Flying Fox, morphine

Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on September 1

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 am

According to hexus the FX-9590 will go down to £175 (whatever that will translate to stateside):
http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/73365-amd-set-slash-fx-cpu-pricing-september-1/
So apparently it'll happen right after the Haswell-E arrives.

I have to admit that I find the FX-9000 chips interesting from the novelty perspective of both seeing what Vishera can do when the architects aren't constrained by having to fit within regular desktop TDPs, and from the hypothetical perspective of this is really the clockspeeds that Bulldozer should have been hitting early on (and no doubt what AMD would have liked to be hitting).

But 220W... that's on par with big iron chips like IBM's POWER8. Admittedly there's a fair bit more harware muscle on that die though.

When the FX line came out I wondered if over time as GF's 32nm SOI would improve so that AMD could release chips reaching these clock speeds with 125/140W TDPs. I guess we're not seeing the constant improvements that we saw with their 90nm process... I wonder how much of that is GloFo not throwing the engineering resources at the problem that AMD did when they owned their own fabs or how much is AMD not pushing for it now that they've gone all APU all the time.
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:18 am

Even at £175 it's value is dubious? You can get the FX 8320 for £95 and the FX 8350 for £110, and the latter with a good cooler hits the same clock speeds so you may as well just buy those.

AMD would rather forget about Bulldozer IMO, and there's no way it's successor (If it ever sees the light of day) will compete with even the Devils Canyon i5's let alone any 6 or 8 core parts. It's sad, but their loss is my gain. I got no issues buying an FX CPU for less than £100 and overclocking the balls off it! I care little for the heat it gives off (I can mitigate that somewhat), and overclocked it's nipping at the heels of the IvyBridge i7's in the workloads I plan on tasking it with.
Mini Beast - Intel C2QE QX9770 (4.2 Ghz) | Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 | 8GB DDR3 1066 | KFA2 GTX 750 Ti | Seagate 2TB SSHD
Mega Beast - AMD FX-8350 (4.7 Ghz) | Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | 16GB DDR3 1600 | XFire R9 290X | Sandisk X300S 512GB
geekl33tgamer
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 am

One can only guess what AMD is planning by slashing prices. OK, it's very unlikely they'll introduce new SKUs -- it's more like begging people to pick up those unsold 220w CPUs. Honestly, I consider the FX-8350 to be their top-model CPU. Those FX-9xxx chips can't fool us and they're just trying to trick us out of ~$700 when those crazy things came out. I pity the poor souls who went out and actually paid almost a grand for the FX-9590. They probably kicked themselves when prices plummeted, then banged their heads on the wall when Haswell 2.0 came out,

For the record I'm using an FX-8350 and I couldn't be happier even if you gave me a 4790K (OK, I might take that statement back). The only thing I don't like about it is the power consumption so I avoid loading all the cores when I could. Talk about buying a gas-guzzling chip then being afraid to put the pedal to the metal.
The three pillars of my digital life: AMD FX-8350, Google Nexus 7 (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro), Intel Core i5-2450M
ronch
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 am
Location: C:\Program Files\

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:43 am

ronch wrote:One can only guess what AMD is planning by slashing prices. OK, it's very unlikely they'll introduce new SKUs -- it's more like begging people to pick up those unsold 220w CPUs. Honestly, I consider the FX-8350 to be their top-model CPU. Those FX-9xxx chips can't fool us and they're just trying to trick us out of ~$700 when those crazy things came out. I pity the poor souls who went out and actually paid almost a grand for the FX-9590. They probably kicked themselves when prices plummeted, then banged their heads on the wall when Haswell 2.0 came out,

Well, if they also drop the prices of the FX-8320 and FX-8350 that would be be a win for consumers. If the rumored 95W FX-8xxx series parts arrive that would be nice too. But at the end of the day this is all just AMD trying to make the best of a bad situation.

ronch wrote:For the record I'm using an FX-8350 and I couldn't be happier even if you gave me a 4790K (OK, I might take that statement back). The only thing I don't like about it is the power consumption so I avoid loading all the cores when I could. Talk about buying a gas-guzzling chip then being afraid to put the pedal to the metal.

I'm not sure what you're worried about. If all 8 cores are spinning up, then you're running something that can utilize all 8 cores; isn't that the point of having them in the first place? Idle power consumption of the FX series -- while not great -- isn't exactly terrible either, so you're not sacrificing *too* much on the efficiency front for non-demanding tasks.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 37733
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:51 pm
Location: Somewhere, having a beer

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:06 pm

Where I live power is expensive. Didn't stop me from buying the top 'sensible enough' model of perhaps the most intriguing CPU architecture ever etched on silicon though.
The three pillars of my digital life: AMD FX-8350, Google Nexus 7 (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro), Intel Core i5-2450M
ronch
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 am
Location: C:\Program Files\

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:42 pm

I remember in March/April this year Micro Center had the FX-8320s for $100. Hopefully the price reduction will be on the whole line - it would be nice to see that price again, but across all {e-,re}tailers ;)

It does seem like AMD's current management has chalked up Bulldozer and the derivatives as a failed experiment. From a technical standpoint the whole modular achitecture was interesting. It's just a pity that so much single threaded performance had to be given up to get there.

Speaking of single threaded performance, did Steamroller end up bringing IPC back up to the level that it was with the Stars cores? Most reviews don't seem to do much more than a cursory evaluation of this. I guess with Phenom II being EOL for so long now it's of little interest to the average consumer...

The FX line did seem to bring idle power down to more acceptable levels from what they were with the Phenom II X6. Power-gating in action I guess.
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:00 pm

loophole wrote:But 220W... that's on par with big iron chips like IBM's POWER8. Admittedly there's a fair bit more harware muscle on that die though.


Actually, the FX 9950 at 220W consumes more power than the POWER8 which is a 190W part.
Dual Opteron 6376, 128 GB DDR3, Asus KGPE-D16, Radeon 6970
Mac Pro Dual Xeon E5645, 48 GB DDR3, GTX 770
Core i7 3930K@4.2 Ghz, 32 GB DDR3, GA-X79-UP5-Wifi
Core i7 2600K@4.4 Ghz, 16 GB DDR3, Radeon 6870, GA-X68XP-UD4
the
Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Piledriver is pretty much at single-thread performance parity with the Phenom II when you take the higher clock speeds into account.

I don't know if Steamroller ever managed to reach IPC parity though.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 37733
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:51 pm
Location: Somewhere, having a beer

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:16 pm

the wrote:
loophole wrote:But 220W... that's on par with big iron chips like IBM's POWER8. Admittedly there's a fair bit more harware muscle on that die though.

Actually, the FX 9950 at 220W consumes more power than the POWER8 which is a 190W part.

That's only 16% more. I'd say the phrase "on par with" is still applicable.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 37733
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:51 pm
Location: Somewhere, having a beer

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:22 pm

the wrote:
loophole wrote:But 220W... that's on par with big iron chips like IBM's POWER8. Admittedly there's a fair bit more harware muscle on that die though.


Actually, the FX 9950 at 220W consumes more power than the POWER8 which is a 190W part.


Right you are. I assumed POWER8 would be ~250W. But 190W, that's actually pretty impressive for 12 cores (and braniac cores too). I guess there is something to using SOI. Pity we never saw AMD move to (or GloFo offer) a 22nm SOI process...

We probably won't see POWER8 chips for £175 though :P
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:30 pm

just brew it! wrote:Piledriver is pretty much at single-thread performance parity with the Phenom II when you take the higher clock speeds into account.


Yeah true. And if we assume that the clock frequency ceiling for a Phenom II X6 is ~4GHz and the similar ceiling for a Vishera is ~5GHz then you do come out ahead for both single threaded and multithreaded workloads. Maybe except for the pathological case of something very FP heavy where 6 Stars FPUs will beat out the four FX FPUs?

just brew it! wrote:I don't know if Steamroller ever managed to reach IPC parity though.


Part of me suspects that if Steamroller did reach parity we'd have heard about it by now...
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:25 am

loophole wrote:
the wrote:
loophole wrote:But 220W... that's on par with big iron chips like IBM's POWER8. Admittedly there's a fair bit more harware muscle on that die though.


Actually, the FX 9950 at 220W consumes more power than the POWER8 which is a 190W part.


Right you are. I assumed POWER8 would be ~250W. But 190W, that's actually pretty impressive for 12 cores (and braniac cores too). I guess there is something to using SOI. Pity we never saw AMD move to (or GloFo offer) a 22nm SOI process...


POWER8 is the only architecture that I know of that exceeds Intel's Haswell design in terms of IPC. IBM's design runs about twice as fast as comparable Xeon's but a good chunk of that speed boost is in radically higher clock speeds.


loophole wrote:We probably won't see POWER8 chips for £175 though :P


Not for that price but we will actually know the price of just the chip. Companies like Tyan are building commercial POWER8 motherboards and they'll need processors for them. Traditionally IBM has hidden the price of the POWER chips as part of a system build price which was further abstracted (often discounted) due to these systems being sold as part of a service contract.
Dual Opteron 6376, 128 GB DDR3, Asus KGPE-D16, Radeon 6970
Mac Pro Dual Xeon E5645, 48 GB DDR3, GTX 770
Core i7 3930K@4.2 Ghz, 32 GB DDR3, GA-X79-UP5-Wifi
Core i7 2600K@4.4 Ghz, 16 GB DDR3, Radeon 6870, GA-X68XP-UD4
the
Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:00 am

I wonder if they will release a more modern chipset to go along with this CPU price slashing.
I would love to upgrade my current CPU for a FX one, but the available mobos are way behind in terms of what Intel is offering.
hakron
Gerbil
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:17 am
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:06 am

hakron wrote:I wonder if they will release a more modern chipset to go along with this CPU price slashing.

I will be very surprised if they do this. Even if they do, that doesn't mean motherboard makers will actually redesign their boards to use it.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 37733
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:51 pm
Location: Somewhere, having a beer

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:31 am

Alienware m14x r2 Core I5 3210m Geforce GT 650m 8gb ddr3 640gb HD
Desktop: AMD FX-6350 Geforce GTX 660 8gb ddr3 1tb HD
Nation
Gerbil
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 8:00 am
Location: El Paso TX

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:56 am

Creating a new chipset for AM3+ shouldn't be too hard for AMD, although yeah, there would be little incentive for them to do so since they seem to have admitted that Bulldozer was a failure and it would be better to pour resources into their upcoming big ARM and x86 cores. They have all the building blocks to put a chipset together that can match Intel feature for feature, and I reckon it's just a matter of putting the building blocks together just like putting an SoC together. They've pretty much validated these blocks too, so I imagine it wouldn't need too much validation work. The tricky part is convincing board makers to make boards based on this new chipset, and they can do that only if they can make FX CPUs that are dramatically better in terms of performance and efficiency so that people would actually line up to buy it. At this point even with a new chipset I imagine board makers would be uneasy investing resources to support it.
The three pillars of my digital life: AMD FX-8350, Google Nexus 7 (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro), Intel Core i5-2450M
ronch
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 am
Location: C:\Program Files\

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Hmmm if that xbit article holds true and an FX-8320e comes in around $150, I just might upgrade my old p2-955.

That's if Gigabyte updates the BIOS to support the chip though................
Life doesn't change after marriage, it changes after children!
anotherengineer
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: Timmins, ON Canada, Yes I know, Up in the sticks

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Nation wrote:http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20140820105340_AMD_to_Cut_Prices_on_FX_9000_Other_FX_Processors_New_Prices_Revealed.html


I wonder how accurate that article is... Why would the E version of a SKU be the same price as a non-E? Surely fewer dies are capable of running within a 95W TDP vs 125W, right? What incentive would a user (or a system builder) have for choosing the higher TDP variant?

(Also the FX-4300 only has 4MB of L3 cache, but there's heaps of publications/ sites that get that wrong...)

Still, the fact that they'll release an FX-8370 shows that they're getting slightly more out of GloFo's 32nm SOI process than at Vishera's launch. So can't complain there!
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:23 pm

the wrote:POWER8 is the only architecture that I know of that exceeds Intel's Haswell design in terms of IPC. IBM's design runs about twice as fast as comparable Xeon's but a good chunk of that speed boost is in radically higher clock speeds.


Yeah, IBM's POWER designs seem to be engineered to be both braniacs and speed demons which is an impressive feat. Well, actually the impressive feat I guess is that they can pull it off! I remember in the leadup to Bulldozer POWER was used as an example of "you can have it both ways". Pity the real implementation didn't manage to get where it needed to on either of the clockspeed or IPC metrics (clockspeed ~30% higher than Stars cores and IPC supposedly held constant).

the wrote:Not for that price but we will actually know the price of just the chip. Companies like Tyan are building commercial POWER8 motherboards and they'll need processors for them. Traditionally IBM has hidden the price of the POWER chips as part of a system build price which was further abstracted (often discounted) due to these systems being sold as part of a service contract.


That's true. It'll be very interesting to see how much a POWER8 CPU will sell for. Those ultra high-end server chips that push the reticle limits of the fabs probably won't come cheap. But I guess it's pretty cool that it's even an option to buy something like that without having to get a whole system wrapped around it.

That class of hardware is really interesting from the viewpoint of the engineering that goes into it. Kind of like how supercars are interesting even though at the end of the day I'll climb into something far more pedestrian for the trek home.
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:53 pm

ronch wrote:Creating a new chipset for AM3+ shouldn't be too hard for AMD, although yeah, there would be little incentive for them to do so since they seem to have admitted that Bulldozer was a failure and it would be better to pour resources into their upcoming big ARM and x86 cores. They have all the building blocks to put a chipset together that can match Intel feature for feature, and I reckon it's just a matter of putting the building blocks together just like putting an SoC together. They've pretty much validated these blocks too, so I imagine it wouldn't need too much validation work. The tricky part is convincing board makers to make boards based on this new chipset, and they can do that only if they can make FX CPUs that are dramatically better in terms of performance and efficiency so that people would actually line up to buy it. At this point even with a new chipset I imagine board makers would be uneasy investing resources to support it.


Hell, I'd settle for a "new" chipset that is just the existing 990FX with an A88X acting as a southbridge. That way you would get your native USB 3.0, a few more SATA 6GBit/s ports for no extra design cost and presumably lower qualification costs for board makers. But like you say interest from board makers would be nonexistent. Hmmm... I wonder if the UMI link of the A88X is compatible with A-Link Express coming from the 990FX? They're both really PCIe 2.0, right?

If I wasn't settling, having an upgraded northbridge (it's not a "northbridge" anymore in the traditional sense but what is it - an IO Hub?) with 42 PCIe 3.0 lanes would be nice :-P But would that be bottlenecked by the bandwidth of the Hypertransport link to the CPU? Or is PCIe bandwidth between the endpoint devices more of what's important - GPU-to-GPU transfers?
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:20 pm

loophole wrote:I wonder how accurate that article is... Why would the E version of a SKU be the same price as a non-E? Surely fewer dies are capable of running within a 95W TDP vs 125W, right? What incentive would a user (or a system builder) have for choosing the higher TDP variant?

Almost gotta be a typo.

Or maybe GloFo's process has improved enough that nearly all of them (including the non-E ones) are hitting the 95W power envelope now, and the non-E version is only going to stick around until existing stock is exhausted. If it is effectively the exact same CPU, I could maybe see them continuing to charge the same price.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 37733
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:51 pm
Location: Somewhere, having a beer

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:28 pm

If the E version and the vanilla 125W version are the same price, the choice for the consumer is simple. The not so simple part of a consumer maybe finding such a chip. AMD of late has had releases that were a mix of soft and hard launches. Considering that AM3+ is dead, I'm optimistic that this will be a hard launch for the niche of users that remain on that platform.
Dual Opteron 6376, 128 GB DDR3, Asus KGPE-D16, Radeon 6970
Mac Pro Dual Xeon E5645, 48 GB DDR3, GTX 770
Core i7 3930K@4.2 Ghz, 32 GB DDR3, GA-X79-UP5-Wifi
Core i7 2600K@4.4 Ghz, 16 GB DDR3, Radeon 6870, GA-X68XP-UD4
the
Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:42 pm

just brew it! wrote:
Or maybe GloFo's process has improved enough that nearly all of them (including the non-E ones) are hitting the 95W power envelope now, and the non-E version is only going to stick around until existing stock is exhausted. If it is effectively the exact same CPU, I could maybe see them continuing to charge the same price.


Can TR investigate whether or not GloFo is still fabbing FX series chips for AMD?

I always thought that AMD was left sitting on great piles of the things, all of which were manufactured some time ago...
Geonerd
Gerbil
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:29 pm
Location: Sunny Aridzona

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:59 am

Geonerd wrote:I always thought that AMD was left sitting on great piles of the things, all of which were manufactured some time ago...

I suppose that's a possibility, but doesn't really change anything. If they're working their way through a huge pile of "new old stock" in FIFO order they could've gotten to the ones which were manufactured towards the end of the production run, and those could have better binning.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 37733
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:51 pm
Location: Somewhere, having a beer

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 am

loophole wrote:
I wonder how accurate that article is... Why would the E version of a SKU be the same price as a non-E? Surely fewer dies are capable of running within a 95W TDP vs 125W, right? What incentive would a user (or a system builder) have for choosing the higher TDP variant?


Wouldn't be surprised if many of the 125W chips are running lower than rated TDP. If you've got a 100w part, and 125 is the next standard bin, well... in in it goes! The difference between the 'E' and 'standard' chips may not be anywhere near the implied 30W.
Geonerd
Gerbil
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:29 pm
Location: Sunny Aridzona

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am

Geonerd wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if many of the 125W chips are running lower than rated TDP. If you've got a 100w part, and 125 is the next standard bin, well... in in it goes! The difference between the 'E' and 'standard' chips may not be anywhere near the implied 30W.


That's a good point. I imagine those bins are hard cut-offs - violating that is probably a sure fire way of getting on an OEM's bad side.
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:18 am

just brew it! wrote:
loophole wrote:I wonder how accurate that article is... Why would the E version of a SKU be the same price as a non-E? Surely fewer dies are capable of running within a 95W TDP vs 125W, right? What incentive would a user (or a system builder) have for choosing the higher TDP variant?

Almost gotta be a typo.

Or maybe GloFo's process has improved enough that nearly all of them (including the non-E ones) are hitting the 95W power envelope now, and the non-E version is only going to stick around until existing stock is exhausted. If it is effectively the exact same CPU, I could maybe see them continuing to charge the same price.


True. We're just two months short of two years since Vishera was first released (and over three years since 32nm SOI parts have been on the streets). The frequency vs voltage curve could conceivably have improved a lot since the early days, leaving us with many more chips being 95W capable. That is of course if GloFo's (and AMD's) engineers have been hard at work tweaking the process for Vishera in this time...
loophole
Gerbil
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

Re: Apparently AMD is set to slash FX CPU pricing on Septemb

Postposted on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:50 am

Bought my FX-8350 back in December of 2012. Almost feel kinda bad about AMD taking all this time to put out an 8-core 95w part that ran at no less than 4GHz. Oh well. Even if I knew something like the FX-8370E would ever be made I probably wouldn't have waited two years for it anyway.
The three pillars of my digital life: AMD FX-8350, Google Nexus 7 (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro), Intel Core i5-2450M
ronch
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 am
Location: C:\Program Files\


Return to Processors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests