Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

sativa
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:07 pm

do you guys know how to get DevC++ to use different compilers? or where these compilers can be found & how well it works with other compilers?

The GNU compiler is teh suck since it wont compile with my templated classes.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:17 pm

Craig P. wrote:
One thing you have to watch out for, particularly older versions of VC, is that the fault may lie with VC for accepting something it shouldn't rather than Dev-C++ for not accepting something it should.
While this is true, to be fair there were ambiguities in the C++ spec in earlier days. Sometimes Microsoft did something different from Borland who did something different from Watcom, and everybody was right (or wrong).

yarbo
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:53 pm

What about just sshing into your school's servers? My school offers a few servers for doing work on. I tend to work on those because I can make sure it compiles using the exact software the graders use (I have gcc 3.2.3 installed, the servers have 3.2.2 for example). I also like to work right on the school's servers so I can go to my laptop and program a bit, then go back to my desktop, then go to my roommate's computer and ask him a question, or go down to a different friend's place and just pull up the code and ask him a question.
<a href=http://www.gentoo.org>Gentoo GNU/Linux</a>