Director MX question...

From Visual Basic to GNU C, this is the place to talk programming.

Moderators: SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

Director MX question...

Postposted on Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:38 pm

Is there anyway at all to change the colors or radio buttons. Both the fill of it (on state) and the outline of it (offstate) ned to be seen on a black background and I wanted to have them be outline in blue and filled with blue. Is there anway with or without lingo to do it?

thanks! Any alternative suggestions welcomed!
Corsair 600T | ASUS P8P67 PRO | Intel 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | EVGA 560 TI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB | Corsair HX650 650W
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:24 pm

*bump bump*

I answered my own question much much later last night but I have a new question. How are radio buttons referenced? If i have radio buttons and one is named red, blue, and yellow" for examepl (cast memeber names) How would i got about referecing them like " If red, then 3. If blue, then 5. If yellow, then 7. How do i reference them?

I tried something like.... If member("red").radiobutton = true then
blah bla blah....

I also tried 1 instead of true... nada works. I have 2 giant books, one bible and one huge reference on lingo with director, google turned up nada and the books show some things but not this... help!

Wow i feel like a noob, i totally neglected to think about the cast member prooperty of the radio button "hilite" which is how they radio buttons on and off states are references. im dumb... final answer was...

on enterframe me
if member("orc").hilite = true then
member("test_race").text ="Chose orc"
else member("test_race").text = "Chose other"
end if
end

on exitFrame me
go to the frame
end

sorry for post whoring ya'll..... im making a DND character generator as my final director project for my professor. Heheh
Corsair 600T | ASUS P8P67 PRO | Intel 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | EVGA 560 TI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB | Corsair HX650 650W
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber

Return to Developer's Den