Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

Tech
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Setting Browser Margins

Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:10 am

Im creating a web page for my local fire authority to be viewed on their intranet, and for reasons i wont go into i have to use frontpage.

Ive created the basic framework and navigation of the site - a left side frame containing a flash navbar, a top page frame displaying the fire authority logo and a main body frame that will display the info linked from the navbar. However, when i preview this in IE the page displays correctly but not as i want it. Instead of the entire page being spread out across the maximum possible display area, i would like there to be a margin on both sides of the page, and possibly a border on the outer edges of the margins to hold the page inside.

Any ideas how to go about doing this? Your help would be greatly appreciated :wink:

EDIT:- The page layout in Download.com is a good example of what im trying to achieve

NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:37 am

If you right-click>view source on the download.com front page, you will see the HTML code for it:

body leftmargin="10" topmargin="10" bgcolor="#e5e5e5"
div align="center"

table width="750" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"

Use a fixed table width instead of a 100% table width. If you want the table flush with the top of the screen, use a topmargin of "0".

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:08 am

go here and read:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/
––•–√\/––√\/––•–– nostalgia is an emotion for people with no future ––•–√\/––√\/––•–-