Stuck on webpage design

From Visual Basic to GNU C, this is the place to talk programming.

Moderators: SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

Stuck on webpage design

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:06 am

I’m making a webpage for a friend, but I’m stuck part way through the design. The problem is I have almost all the pieces but I can’t see how to put them together to make a full webpage. I’m currently working on the contact page, so if anyone can give me some feedback or advise on how to make this page better I’d appreciate because right now I’m stuck. Also please note I'm going to put another navigation between the current image (Contact Us) and the content.

Test - Contact Page
malebolgia
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:45 pm

I suggest you get rid of the horizontal scrolling, i can tell you that it bugs users the most.
Windows XP - The 64-bit wannabe with a 32-bit graphics interface for 16-bit extensions to a 8-bit patch on a 4-bit operating system designed to run on a 2-bit processor by a company that can't stand 1-bit of competition
fc34
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:38 am

My friend says he can't do without it.
malebolgia
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:46 am

fc34 wrote:I suggest you get rid of the horizontal scrolling, i can tell you that it bugs users the most.

What horizontal scrolling? Ohh maybe cause i'm running a pretty high resolution.
Shake it to the limit!
PING
YBK
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:15 am

I'm certain you'll find all the greatest website ideas here.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail51.html
Satchmo
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:23 am

malebolgia wrote:My friend says he can't do without it.

Can't you just shrink the graphic at the top a little? If your friend is concerned about how the site will look, consider this: If most people have to scroll it horizontally, it's not going to have the same visual impact. Most people won't even see the "Picture of a phone here" area unless they scroll the window horizontally...
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:27 am

Well I was messing around and I figured out the design I want to use for the top navigation. http://www.homessouthwest.com/nt/contactus.jpg. This is going to be the final size of the image let me know what you guys think. Now I have to figure out how to make the site look good in low screen resolution and high screen resolution any suggestions?
malebolgia
Gerbil Elite

Return to Developer's Den