SN41G2 - CPU Q's

For small-form factor PCs and the (extremely small) people who love them.

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

SN41G2 - CPU Q's

Postposted on Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:26 am

Hello There all!

I've just this minuite put the case back on my new SN41G2 after (hopefully) completing the build. I now have a couple of questions for you all:

- When it started up for the first time, it regonised my AMD 2700XP as a 1500. Anybody heard of this happening before? Although it reocgonsied the FSB as 333?

-Whats the average CPU temp. i watched it rise from 26c, to 37c within 5-6 mins and was wondering what its supposed to run like idling.

I have not bought a copy of windows yet, so i'm just booting it up to look at the BIOS and just monitoring the health etc, remarking on my first build!
But i must take my hat off to shuttle, who provided me with a very good system and clear instructions, which even a newb like me can decipher!

Thanks in advance.
Farmboy
Gerbil

Postposted on Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:40 pm

Hey Farm Boy, those are pretty average temps for idle. under load it will hit about 43c which is perfectly normal.

As far as your BIOS settings, you are sure it's set to 166 (333Mhz) for the CPU and not the memory right? Under the cpu settings just verify that it is truly set to 166Mhz, save and ext and it should say AthlonXP 2700+ when it comes up.

BTW, hope you enjoy your new little box!

Regards,

-E
mstrmold
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:46 pm

Heya matey.

*slaps self with trout*

It IS the memory that's 333mhz, i forgot completly about that!
I'll check to see if its 166 on sunday when i get my copy of Windows.

Glad to hear about the temps! I was quite worried about the actual heatsink/CPU cooler that the SN41G2 has, it felt like i was putting too much pressure downwards, i tend to get worried about stuff like that because i'm very ham-fisted! But it looks like its fine.
Farmboy
Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:18 pm

crap the one i just built today was getting up to 44C idle (according to BIOS).

looks like i might have to reinstall the heatsink... i hate that damned thing
sativa
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Return to SFF Station