Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Chumber
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

SB51G problem with bass channel :-(

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:22 pm

hi,

I've got a problem with my shuttle sb51g and i dunno what else i could do.
The onboard soundcard is a realtek ac97 in combination with a hercules 5.1 surround speaker system. I am running win2k on it atm.

My problem is that i don't have a bass output in some applications. When i am using Winamp or win-mediaplayer everything works fine, using adobe audition or in some games there us just no bass output.
I would like to install win xp on that shuttle but when i did i had no bass anywhere (even in winamp or the window-sounds). The only thing where it works fine is in the mediaplayer (again) and only there.

I tried it with a whole other soundcard from creative, no problems there. But i need that pci-slot for other cards.

I constantly updating my sounddrivers, winupdates, etc but i dunno what else i could do.

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:26 pm

Are you sure the speakers are working properly?
What exactly do you mean by "no bass"? Is that no sounds coming out of the sub at all, or nothing through the .1 channel, or only coming from the bass redirect?
Also, can you be specific about what programs work and don't work.

Welcome to the forums 8)

Chumber
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:32 pm

thanks for the welcome and quick answer ^^
I tested the speakers...they are ok. with "no bass" i mean there is no output from the sub in some applications.

Under Win2k:

sub = Winamp, Mediaplayer, windvd, most games, bsplayer, windows-sounds
no sub = adobe audition, ejay-progs, some games (ex. SW Battlefront)

under winXP:

sub = mediaplayer
no sub = everywhere else ^^, winamp, games, windvd, bsplayer, windows-sounds, adobe audition....

So when i install xp i am forced to watch / listen the windows mediaplayer.