Ideas about a SFF Lanbox

For small-form factor PCs and the (extremely small) people who love them.

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Ideas about a SFF Lanbox

Postposted on Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:06 am

I've been thinking about getting rid of my big bulky xcilo case and getting a nice sff case. But I cant decide on which one I should get and I havent really messed with sff cases that much soo I decided to come ask you guys.
I'm stuck on these two:
Thermaltake VF1000BWS
APEVIA X-QPACK

And yes I know that they have a X-QPack2 But I seem to like the original one better.. if the second one is better for improvement reasons then let me know.

Not long after I get the new case I plan on getting a 8800 GTX but i'm pretty sure that they both should fit one.

I'll just like to have a nice little lanbox that will deliver a good punch =]
[Shade]™
shade
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:24 am

Well I have the X-Qpack and personally like it, though plan to swap out the PSU if you wanna run a a decent graphics card, and the blue LED fan at the back was too loud and garish so I replaced it with a Vantek.

Other that that its a nice setup, the plently of length and space for a large double slot graphics card pluss as many optical and hrad drives you will ever need, and it takes a standard ATX PSU which is critical for running high-power gear.
Phenom II X4 955 BE - 3GB RAM - AMD HD5770 - 640GB WD - Viewsonic 19" - DVDRW - Windows 7
amphibem
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:21 am

Yeah I was hoping on trying to squeeze my 600watt GameXStream into which either one I get. But the X-QPack is the one that I really like. It's the one that cought my attention and got me on this rant and filled my head with tons of ideas to begin with.

And ofcourse since I would have to get rid of my asus p5b-deluxe I decided to go with this motherboard or unless any of you guys know any other good micro atx mobo that is also good at overclocking: GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R

Just to let you guys know the other specs that I wont be replacing are a C2D E6400
320 gig Barracuda
2gig g.skill ddr2 800 RAM
and some sony combo drive
[Shade]™
shade
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:18 pm

I've decided to go with the X-QPack it's cheaper and I just like it more. The C2D that i will be putting in it is currently overclocked so I will be overclocking it when i get it in the SFF. I know airflow and cooling will be a issue with the heat that the gtx gives off and the overclocked cpu so I will be modding it by adding more fans and some vents. Also I know the handle isnt the best of handles soo I will probably be adding a aftermarket handle aswell.
[Shade]™
shade
Gerbil Team Leader

Return to SFF Station