Thermaltake Lanbox Lite

For small-form factor PCs and the (extremely small) people who love them.

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Thermaltake Lanbox Lite

Postposted on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 pm

I recently sold my old socket 939 system and was able to use the money to build a SFF HTPC using a mix of new and used parts. Overall I spent $100 of my own money and $350 of gc and paypal cash. I bought the TT lanbox lite because it was on sale w/rebate so thats how I decided on the case and I am not disappointed.

My Specs:
7750BE new
DFI Jr 790gx new
ddr2 1066 4gb new
lite-on BD new
74gb raptor old
250gb old
9800 gtx old
X-plosion dts old
500w psu old
misc: cyberlink 8, anydvd hd

Overall this is a complete step above my previous 4200, albeit it was three years old. I am using a scythe shuriken low profile and have been able to overclock the BE to 3.2 with 1.3v. The temps stay around 60'c full load which is great in a SFF. The case is beautiful to look at being all piano black with a nice plastic face. It isn't silent but you can watch a movie and not notice it on. One huge problem is I have trouble keeping the Gpu and NB cooled. I added a 40mm fan on the back above the gpu bracket but I get temps up to 80'c when gaming and the NB gets hot as 85'c when I overclock. It doesn't fail so I will just have to deal with it. I love the new Htpc and my fiance doesn't mind the case out in the open either. I dont know if this small "review" is relevant but I love the case and BD playback
Ancient 1366 chipset and 6GB of RAM oh and 6950
adam1378
Gerbil First Class

Re: Thermaltake Lanbox Lite

Postposted on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 pm

I want to get a hold of one of these for a review. If Fry's had one I would buy it and just return it afterwards. They looks lovely for games - particularly the ones with the handles. Price does seem a little high, though.

Far as the temps go, 85 Celsius doesn't sound terrible, so I wouldn't worry about it. Northbridge, on the other hand...do you have a fan blowing right on that thing?
http://www.smidgenpc.com/ - Smidgen PC. Offering big news about tiny PCs.
Faceless Clock
Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:36 pm

no never got a fan for there is not much room and I want to keep the ambient noise low. It has never been an issue when playing Bluray or gaming for a long time so I guess I am not too worried.
Ancient 1366 chipset and 6GB of RAM oh and 6950
adam1378
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:19 pm

When gaming just increase the fan speed with 'evga precision' its a free tool.
Increase your half open TCIP connections with the Half-open.com utility.
eric93se
Graphmaster Gerbil

Location: Home of the most reprehensible false flag attack in the world.

Postposted on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 pm

adam1378 wrote:no never got a fan for there is not much room and I want to keep the ambient noise low. It has never been an issue when playing Bluray or gaming for a long time so I guess I am not too worried.

Yea, if it is not crashing, I wouldn't get too worried.
http://www.smidgenpc.com/ - Smidgen PC. Offering big news about tiny PCs.
Faceless Clock
Gerbil

Return to SFF Station