Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

rogelio
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Pro Midi Low Latency Drivers on an SB Live! - Kx Project

Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:47 pm

For those of you with an older SB Live! card who would love to use professional midi software that utilizes the ASIO control panel (Cubase, Nuendo, GigaStudio), never fear... Kx is here.

I've been using these drivers on my SB Live card for the last year and have to admit they are just as a good, if not better than, Creative's. Creative has never optimized their Live card drivers to work with ASIO control panel, thus making low-latency midi software impossible to use.

When asked about the presence of low-latency support for Live cards, Creative only stated that those who wish to use professional midi software should purchase their professional series cards. When asked if low-latency drives for the SB Live series is, or will ever be, in the works, Creative responded in the negative.

This is Kx Project's site.

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

Uninstall your creative drivers and just follow the instructions on the website. These drivers prove to be an excellent way of getting around buying a $100 Audigy 2 card... simply use any SB Live card laying around.

mac_h8r1
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:27 pm

hahaha you've been plugging these drivers since 10th grade. When I saw the thread topic, I thought "Ey, someone else discovered kx drivers." Then I read the thread and finally the user name. :lol:

They really are great drivers. My SB Live Value! used 4% CPU on an AXP2000+. Then I put the kx's on and it's down @0 on my brother's computer. 8)

Please everyone, keep Roger happy. Put the Kx drivers on. You'll be happy, he'll be happy. Then he can dedicate all of his time telling me how much greater 2003 Server [as a workstation] is than XP Pro, even run on an o/ced p3 750. :wink: :lol:
mac_h8r1.postCount++;
Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.
Slivovitz owns you.

rogelio
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:13 pm

damn straight :)