Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Fastfreak39
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Bluetooth Headphones

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Wasn't sure if this should go in here or Mobile Tech. I'm looking for a decent set of Bluetooth headphones or stereo headset (whatever you wanna call them). I'm looking to go cordless when I run with my Blackberry. I had a couple incidents where I had the headphones ripped of my ear or I dropped my phone (I guess I need an armband too :lol: ). I don't really want to spend anymore that $100. I saw Verizon Wireless sold the Motorola MOTOROKR S9 but I know nothing about these things. It doesn't have to be good with calls or even be capable of working in that way as long as it plays music and can hold up to working out. Thanks fellow Gerbils.

Buub
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:49 am

There are compromises no matter what. The problem with cordless headphones is that they now have to carry their own power source, which adds significantly to the weight.

I tried a pair of LG Bluetooth headphones. I did not like them at all. Not that there was anything "wrong" with them, but because of the weight they always felt like they were pulling on my ears. They just weren't comfortable, at least compared to any number of light corded headphones.

What I would suggest is that you find a way to secure your blackberry better so if your cord gets caught again the earphones come loose before the phone does.

Taddeusz
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Not sure where you fall with audio quality but BT stereo headphones don't have particularly high quality audio. I have a friend who bought some through a deal on woot and I wasn't too impressed with their audio quality. To me it sounded like the audio was being turned into a 96kb MP3. It was fairly horrible to my ears. This probably has much to do with the fact that BT uses lossy compression to send the audio wirelessly to your ears. Since BT's original intent was to send the limited spectrum sound of a voice full spectrum music just isn't going to sound that great.

If you care about audio quality and your phone can take standard headphones I would recommend looking at a different mobile wireless headphone solution other than BT. IMHO, stereo BT just doesn't live up to the hype that it's given.

glacius555
Gerbil XP

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Try this review:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thg.ru%2Fvideo%2Fbluetooth_headset_2007%2Findex.html&sl=ru&tl=en&history_state0=

i own a pair of Sony headphones from this review. It seems that only in-ear models have decent sound+portability, but really good ones always cost a fortune..
Fractal Design Arc Midi|Antec EA-650|Asus P7P55D Premium|Core i5-750|Gigabyte HD6950 unlocked|X-Fi XtremeMusic|24" Iiyama ProLite B2403WS|Logitech Z-5500|Logitech G11|Logitech G9x