Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

standardman
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mic not working with SB Audigy

Fri May 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Hello,

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy with Windows Vista 32-bit and I've tried two headsets with it (Creative Fatal1ty and SteelSeries 3H) but the mic just isn't working. Here's a screenshot of my recording devices with the headset plugged in:

Both headsets use jacks.

Does anyone have any idea how to make it work?

Thanks.

silent ninjah
Gerbil First Class

Re: Mic not working with SB Audigy

Fri May 28, 2010 1:31 pm

I've got a Fatal1ty headset and an audigy 7.1 SE, and they work fine. I notice that in my recording device window (in windows 7) it says "default device" instead of "working".

I'll assume you've made sure it's the right input jack and that the mic is turned on through the headset voluem control. (My older audigy 2 zs wasn't colour coded and was a giant pita to get the right inputs)

I don't recall doing anything to get it to work except unmuting it. How are you testing it? Skype, games, checking the "listen to this device" option in properties?
Q9550 @ stock | 8GB DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 | Gainward GTX 460 GS GLH | Asus P5Q SE/R | Scythe Mugen | OCZ StealthXstream 600w | Antec 300 | Zalman ZM-MFC1+ | 1TB WD Caivar Black | Audigy SE 7.1 | Logitech X-540 | HG281D 28" | Razer Diamondback| Win7x64

standardman
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Re: Mic not working with SB Audigy

Fri May 28, 2010 2:21 pm

silent ninjah wrote:
I've got a Fatal1ty headset and an audigy 7.1 SE, and they work fine. I notice that in my recording device window (in windows 7) it says "default device" instead of "working".

I'll assume you've made sure it's the right input jack and that the mic is turned on through the headset voluem control. (My older audigy 2 zs wasn't colour coded and was a giant pita to get the right inputs)

I don't recall doing anything to get it to work except unmuting it. How are you testing it? Skype, games, checking the "listen to this device" option in properties?

Yeah, it's plugged in and turned on. I'm just using the windows mic setup.