Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Topic Author

This will make your head spin

Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3e15IcoCY

This is just an example of the aid that a computer can provide in music composition. It's obvious he's been doing this a long time and he's got all the hotkeys figured out for the way he works in the piano roll view. There are a ton more videos, but this was the first one I watched and it just blew my mind. I do everything in staff views in Finale using a MIDI keyboard controller, and i'm nowhere near as fast as this guy is with a few hotkeys and a mouse. You wouldn't get usable scores out of his work, but when you're not writing for a live orchestra it doesn't matter. Wowza.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

mikehodges2
Gerbil Elite

Re: This will make your head spin

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Sequencers are awesome! Although, this guy is also incredibly talented, if he is actually doing that off the cuff, like it says in the description..
Impressive!

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Re: This will make your head spin

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Awesome sauce. Managed to catch the whole thing just before the proxy shut down YouTube again post-lunch hour. That guys is good.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration