Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Hz so good
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Last Question about QuestStudio Soundtracks, promise.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:28 am

On the page the various MT-32/GM/GS/XG soundtracks, they also had a player download that that played the soundstracks only. Even with SendSX sending the sysex to, munt, wouldn't the mediaplayer rhandle the bulk of it? What about the GS? I've got the SC-55 soundfont, but was scolded that it awas ****, and that i should buy hardware.

For those that have bought MT-32/CM-32L/CM-64/SC-55, and SC-88, what do I look for in the pictures to spot possible damage? I know to make them open the case to make sure the barrtery hsn;t correded and eaten the board.

What's some othe

Igor_Kavinski
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Last Question about QuestStudio Soundtracks, promise.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:40 am

Why are you after antiquated soundcards? Weird to think nothing has surpassed their quality yet. Download a trial of Steinberg Cubase and play your MIDI files through that. Maybe that might put you to peace.

Hz so good
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Re: Last Question about QuestStudio Soundtracks, promise.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:51 am

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Why are you after antiquated soundcards? Weird to think nothing has surpassed their quality yet. Download a trial of Steinberg Cubase and play your MIDI files through that. Maybe that might put you to peace.

I've never heard of Steinberg Cubase, but growing up, all the gameas that had kickass MT-32 or GM or GS soundtracks that I was stuck listening to with either OPL3, or some really horrible wavetable. I want to hear the game the way cpm[usor intended.

I'll gove Steinberg Cubase a shot.

Part it is nostalgia. i also wasnted an CM-64, MT-32, and SC-55 or 88. I'm been chastised many time that the soundfonts don't measure up to the real thing. Plus, most of my games support EGA, adlib, MT-32 or the PC spreaker, so this is my hane to experiene them in all their glory.

Plus I love vintage hardware, so theres that ,too.