New Parhelia/P-Series Drivers

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

New Parhelia/P-Series Drivers

Postposted on Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:17 am

http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=4948

Supported Products
Matrox Parhelia 128MB/256MB (AGP)
Matrox Parhelia 256MB (PCI)
Millennium P650
Millennium P750

Main items
- Full support of .net 1.0 and 1.1
- Added OpenGL extensions for Adobe After Effects 6.0
bsdgeek
Gerbil

Postposted on Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:35 pm

All seems fine except:

I'm still having problems with Matrox Multidesk... the idea of virtual desktops really appeals to me but if I create, say, 2... every time I change back to one, it loses association with all the processes that are running!

Really weird (and annoying). Say I have 2 word documents up and running, I switch desktop and then back again, I can still see winword.exe in the Xp Pro task manager, but no amount of alt-tabbing will bring back the documents to my screen!

I need to open a new version of word, close it, and it asks me if I'd like to save the invisible documents that I know are still open but cannot see them.

This happens with every process btw... wacky and inconvenient. It's a shame as I'd love this to work, especially without having to get a third party program from tucows etc.

And one other question... with Coloreal enabled, can I actually _create_ coloreal pictures, or just look at them on websites, I'm a little confused on that one.

As I mentioned, I'm on WinXP Pro having downloaded the above drivers. Still loving the P650 but a couple of issues like this have slightly disappointed me. Still wouldn't change it unless a non-banding Parhelia came out.

Thanks for any help bsd or emkubed... we seem to be the only people on this forum :P
Whirl-Secret
Gerbil

Postposted on Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:02 pm

I just started playing with multidesk, it's exhibiting some similar symptoms. I started a thread on MURC, maybe we'll get this resolved. (Matrox forums are closed until Monday, but Haig&Co (tech supp) often hang around MURC)

I don't know about Coloreal, I'd have to check up on that one.
bsdgeek
Gerbil

Return to General Hardware