Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

NeRve
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

CD-RW not reading on burner.

Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:50 pm

I just burned a custom-made VCD on my DVD-Burner using a Memorax CD-RW. It plays fine on the DVD-Player. but when I place it back on my burner to erase the disc (because I want to do some changes to the VCD), my burner doesn't read it; though strangely my DVD-ROM drive above reads it perfectly fine. Anybody experience any of these problems with Memorex CD-RWs?

just brew it!
Administrator

Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:11 pm

I've been rather unimpressed by Memorex media. IMO they have an unacceptably high percentage of defective discs. Because of this, I do not buy Memorex media any more.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:50 pm

Second that...it sucks...big time...here a few days ago..someone had zero copies wth memorex and a 100% success rate with another brand...dont take to long to get real expensive...if you catch me drift :lol:

the_silver_bullet24
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:18 pm

I have (err had) and older Memorex CD-RW that burnt and erased nicely on my Sony burner. I used it to copy music to my Xbox and it read nicely. Too bad I lost the damn thing. :(

just brew it!
Administrator

Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:23 pm

the_silver_bullet24 wrote:
I have (err had) and older Memorex CD-RW that burnt and erased nicely on my Sony burner. I used it to copy music to my Xbox and it read nicely. Too bad I lost the damn thing. :(

They're not all bad. They just seem to have a much higher defect rate (IIRC about 1 disc in 10) than any other brand I have ever used.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.