Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

zapgirl
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

System crash with 2 mouse?

Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:47 am

uhmmm...i plugged in two mouse in my pc...one using serial port and another one as usual the mouse plug (wireless) ....is it going to crash my system if i plug in both mouse...and use either one of them?

my pc rebooted itself at time and sometime the red light on my pc just on and monitor doesnt receive any signal...i have to press the reset button for it to reboot again...shouldnt be my graphic card...its new one (Geforce4 FX5200 128MB) ...it happened before to my old graphic card before too (old graphic card-Ati Redeon 7000 64MB)

by the way my pc running 3 systems but different partitions...the one that crash is on my WINXP Pro (service pack 1)

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:33 pm

just have to ask why?

lgeis
Gerbil XP

Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:50 pm

I have a Logitech wireless mouse (USB interface) and a Microsoft wired trackball (USB interface) both attached to one of my machines, both through the same USB hub. They work flawlessly together. I haven't ever tried mixing USB and serial.

You might look into your Event Viewer (My Computer>Manage>System Tools), your Device Manager (same as Event Viewer) and memory resources (My Computer>Manage>System Information>Hardware Resources) to see if there are any conflicts surfacing.
You can make the rules when you get up from the dead.

zapgirl
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:01 pm

just have to ask why?

uhmmm...some told me that serial mouse and wireless mouse arent suppose to work together....i'm not sure Usacomp2k3

You might look into your Event Viewer (My Computer>Manage>System Tools), your Device Manager (same as Event Viewer) and memory resources (My Computer>Manage>System Information>Hardware Resources) to see if there are any conflicts surfacing.

i have looked the Event Viewer the only Warning i have is this:

The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{6376BA8B-3E02-4344-A6E9-043E1E8C782B}.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

anyway i have take out my serial mouse and now just running with my wireless mouse...my system dont hang anymore and so far ...it havent even reboot either.

i'm going to plug in the USB mouse later and see if it gonna crash my system

Thanks!