Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

LuckyInKentucky
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Got New Hauppauge TV Card yesterday!

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:45 pm

Yesterday, I got my Hauppauge WinTV dbx 401, and I installed it last night in a snap. I am really pleased with this card. I love it. The picture is as clear as my 'older' big screen and the sound is in stereo.

I just want to thank all of you that looked out for me, and gave me such good advice. Just to make sure I wasn't going to run into any problems, last night I let it run all night long in full mode with a few apps running in the background. This morning I got up and checked it and it was still going strong!

Thanks all. Oh, by the way my brother picked up the same card I have on Neweggs 'refurb' list and his is going good to. He called today to laugh at me 'cause he got his $30 cheaper. Not a bad deal, so I ordered another for my wifes PC and I got her a refurb. I paid $70 at Newegg and got all of the stuff (remote, etc...) and he got the exact same package but for $30 less.

NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:00 pm

I've had mine since the fall of 1999 (an older 404 model) and it still works flawlessly. It works great for vidcaps and recording AVI files. I also use it for recording WMV files in Windows Movie Maker. It's cheap but effective.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:54 am

Much nicer than that old piece of junk you had... :wink: Hauppauge makes good TV cards, and the one my roomate just picked up has been nothing but impressive.