Blue Screen - RAM Problem? Hard Disk? Video Card?

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:27 am

Hi,

I request you to kindly help me.

Following are the problems I am facing:
1. I cant save data to my primary hard disk.
2. My computer does not boot up always. Have to wait for an hour at times.
3. It reboots automatically.
4. Cannot execute any .exe files. Like a new file install.exe etc. (But it
can run some installed applications like notepad.exe, word etc..)

It all started with the agp440.sys file freezing during boot up. Days passed,

now it does not happen. But now other similar problems are happening.

I have tried to diagonise but bitterly failed. I am providing a very

comprehensive set of errors/pointers that I have found during the last one

month.

System Configuration:
P4 1.7
Kobian KOB 845 NFSX mother board
32 MB Sis 690 series video card
2 * 128 MB SD Rams - Samsung
Samsung 40 GB Hard Disk (The Primary hard disk, newer one)
Seagate 20 GB Hard Disk (The Secondary disk, old one)
Windoxs XP

Following are the errors which often come up.

Error 1:
When I try to execute any install.exe/abcd.exe file or similar files;

comments referring to inaccessable memory comes up

Actual error:
"Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted."

"Error 299: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request

was completed."

BLUE SCREEN ERRORS:
the computer suddenly stops and the blue screen appears. Many at times the

error report datas are not same, though most of them refer to some address.

Error 2:

BLUE SCREEN ERROR 1.

0x0000008E

AGP440.SYS ADDRESS F9CCC4D7 BASE AT F9CCA000 DATEStamp 3b7d8557

Error 3:

BLUE SCREEN ERROR 2.

0X0000007E

(0X0000005 0X8054FA67 0XF6F82BF4 0XF6F828F4)

Error 4:

BLUE SCREEN ERROR 3.

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

0X00000077 ( 0X00000001 0X00000000 0X00000000 0XFA7EF95C)

Error 5:

During boot-up (occurs rarely)

Loading .....\ntoskrnl.exe

Windows could not start because the following files is missing or corrupted.

<Windows root>System32>ntoskernel.exe

Please re-install a copy of the above file.

But in the next restart the error dint come.

Error 6:

Initially, before these many problems (like random restarts and blue

screens); days back, there used to be an error while boot up.

The boot up used to freeze when it reached agp440.sys

During those days, the 32MB Sis 695 card used to get very hot at times.

but after cooling down or after waiting for some time, the computer used to

start.

Error 7:

No data is being saved on my primary hard disk since 3rd of march. The irony

is

I can switch on the computer
it boots up
allows me to run simple applications like word etc.
allows me to save it on to either hard disk
i safely shut down

i boot again.
check for the file i had saved
it is gone
but the one i save it the other hard disk does not go

Error 8:

I tried to check if "absolutely nothing is getting written on my primary

hard disk" by simply adding a data to the registry. it was eneterd properly.

no probs. got stored. but next time i boot, the data is not present.

Same with restore points. ( I dont think any restore points were made after

3rd March)

Error 9:
Now a days, the computer does not start soon after it is shut down. It taked

about an hour before it can be started.

Error 10:
The computer displays the blue screen most of the time a heavy application is

opened like a game etc

Error 11:
I dont think it is connected to the above set of errors my cd drive and cd

writer also does not work some times.

Error 12:
My hard disk gets the power only when i manually insert the 4 pin power pin

in a particular angle and not fully immersed.

Kindly help me as much as you can.

Checkdisk did not remove all probs.

like booting up randomly, i mean at times, it boots up at time it does not. ( mother board

leaks, dust ??? )

Can u guys plz tell me what could me the cause for each of these errors.

Thanks a lot guys, i am planning to change or modify hardware, but i dont what to change and

what not to. wish to hear from you guys first, on

what the problems might be with each of the

possible culprits.

Namely power supply, mother board, ram, video card, hard disk, cables????????

please do reply me guys, with what evr yu know. iw will really help me.

PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR VALUABLE ADVICE. THANK YOU A LOT. I WANT TO BUY THE HARDWARES REQUIRED ONLY AFTER I GET ADVICES FROM YOU.
c u.

Regards,
Rahul
[/b]
srbworld
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:56 am

Geez Rahul..hard to know where to start except I can see you are having problems with your font control :wink:
256MB of memory for Windows XP?
Hmm thats not gonna help much..ok when running small apps(like notepad) but with big programs you are pushing it.
What kind of power supply unit do you have.(how many watts?)
Fighterpilot
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:29 am

Rahul appears to not be as well financed as some people. So, I'd say he needs very specific help here. I mean, he's running a rather old skool machine there.

I'd back up all data to the 20MB drive and re-install the OS. I'd also try cleaning out all the dust in the computer especially on the heatsinks. At this time it looks like a fresh install would work the best. Disregard if you have already done the fresh re-install of the OS.
My Johnson
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:31 am

Seems to be random errors. So PSU, memory and heat is the top possible issues I guess. Verify the heatsink is correctly installed on the CPU, run a memtest to verify memory. And maybe borrow a PSU from someone to test for that. Also check heatsinks on chipsets.

Else disk problems maybe, checked for virus etc too?
Shintai
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:11 am

First of all Welcome to Techreport Rahul... i am Jigar ... where are u from :D

Looks more like .... one of the Ram stick is dying...... check the ram... run the system on single stick see if the system is showing errors or not... and then start with the Heat sink.
Last edited by Jigar on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i5 4670K @ 4.8GHZ|ATI Radeon HD 7970 (Stock)| 12 GB RAM (Stock)| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60" @ 120 HZ.
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:20 am

I'll vote another one for "Memtest". In order to be effective, the test should be run for at least 24 hours straight. It should show if there is an issue with the main memory or the cache on the processor.

The next thing I'd do (if memtest passed with flying colors) is download the free utility from the hard drive manufacturer, and then thoroughly test the hard drives, to check for errors.

Other things to check would be: bulging/leaking caps on the motherboard; checking the processor heatsink (reapplying thermal compound); check thermal solutions on the north/south bridge chips.

Hope this helps (at least with the hardware side of things).
Workstation: Opteron 150
"Every Day": Athlon II X4 630
Server: Athlon X2 BE-2400
Gym: SN45G w/ Athlon XP 2500+ (800 MHz @ 1.3V)
sircharles32
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:30 am

Welcome to the forums. It would be more helpful if you do not use the Enter key so much and leave so much space in your post.

srbworld wrote:( mother board leaks, dust ??? )

By "leaks" did you mean leaking capacitors? Since you thought this may be a problem, have you checked yourself? Just open up the case and look at the motherboard. Look here for some examples.

You seem to be experiencing a lot of problems, it can be hardware or software (malware, bad drivers, corrupted files due to bad hardware). It can be both too. You need to isolate the variables. Like others have said do a back up first, then try removing most components and test them one by one (even test with one stick of RAM too).
Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:13 am

Third the memory diags. And also check your temperatures. Running hard-drive diagnostics couldn't hurt either. Do you have any other components laying around that you can test it out with?
Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:48 pm

The following post is a really long one as you must have guessed, I have tried to include as much useful information as I can so that you can understand the condition of my PC better.

I request you to inter connect the problems and your experience to give me an idea of the possible hardware/software failures.

Thanking you in advance.

Geez Rahul..hard to know where to start except I can see you are having problems with your font control
Hmm thats not gonna help much..ok when running small apps(like notepad) but with big programs you are pushing it.

Make: Mercury ----> (An Indian venture by Kobian)
Power: 300 Watts
Voltage:230 V
Current:4 A
Frequency: 50 - 60 Khz

Rahul appears to not be as well financed as some people. So, I'd say he needs very specific help here. I mean, he's running a rather old skool machine there.

I'd back up all data to the 20MB drive and re-install the OS. I'd also try cleaning out all the dust in the computer especially on the heatsinks. At this time it looks like a fresh install would work the best. Disregard if you have already done the fresh re-install of the OS.

Thanks. Will definately try it.

Seems to be random errors. So PSU, memory and heat is the top possible issues I guess. Verify the heatsink is correctly installed on the CPU, run a memtest to verify memory. And maybe borrow a PSU from someone to test for that. Also check heatsinks on chipsets.

Exactly. "Random errors, not related to each other.

PSU - 50 + chance of making problems:
Reason:
The power cables for CD Drive, Hard Disks etc have some problem. They work only some times and that too only when we insert to a particular depth. I mean, I know the installation will work, only if I switch on the PC, adjust the power chord to the hard disks and hear the sound of the motor inside. Until the adjustment is made, the Hard Disk does not run and so BIOS does not detect it.

Heat:
Again, a strong possible reason.

Thanks to my carelessness, once when I removed the fan, heat sink and processor; while I was inserting it back. One of the four socket pins on the support of the motherboard gets locked, broke off.

So now my heat sink is only */- 75 percentage in proper contact with the processor. Also I could not find a decent Heat Sink Compund, I am using another substitute used for Micro Processors but not intels.

So, I dont know for sure, since I never had this issue before. The Processor getting overheated.

Now I am beginning to think, the reason why the computer shuts down randomly is because of this overheating caused on processor.

But, the contradicting thing is. When I switch on the PC, some times it does not start. The processor is definately quite cool. So I am confused at this point.

First of all Welcome to Techreport Rahul... i am Jigar ... where are u from

Looks more like .... one of the Ram stick is dying...... check the ram... run the system on single stick see if the system is showing errors or not... and then start with the Heat sink.

Hi Jigar,

Thanks a lot. This is a wonderful set of helpful people anywhere in the web. Honestly!

I am from India.

I will definately do the RAM checks and get back to you. Please do help me then.

I'll vote another one for "Memtest". In order to be effective, the test should be run for at least 24 hours straight. It should show if there is an issue with the main memory or the cache on the processor.

The next thing I'd do (if memtest passed with flying colors) is download the free utility from the hard drive manufacturer, and then thoroughly test the hard drives, to check for errors.

Other things to check would be: bulging/leaking caps on the motherboard; checking the processor heatsink (reapplying thermal compound); check thermal solutions on the north/south bridge chips.

I am quite sure (40 PC) that one of my RAM is faulty. One of my friends told me. (What does failing mean, does the ram fail gradually, I have never come across a bad ram, so i dont know. please explain.)

RAM
Also whenever I try to execute a .exe file, the error regarding to inaccessibilty to so and so memory locations come up. But I know that this can also happen, if Windows XP has some problem. So, a bit confused. But probabilty that on RAM is faulty is very high.

The reason I can do the memtest now is. My computer wont let me burn CDs.

Reasons:
1. Computer restarts during burning with a blue screen.
2. The power chords to the CD Writer is a bit bad I think, the CD Drives functions only when it wishes. So I doubt, the PSU is a cause. Still not sure.

MotherBoard

Kobian KOB 845 NFSX (has Intel chipset and slot for VGA Card.)

This is also in a pathetic condition. An year before I was in a similar situation and the computer would not even boot. I got the mother board repaired. It works, but perfomance has degraded. And I wonder whether all the other problems reagrding to RAM, VGA Card (it gets really hot at times),Hard Disk, PSU etc... is due to faulty Mother Board.

But, now I dont see any leaks.

I have not changed the CMOS battery for 4 years now. I know its time. But, so far there have been no time lags or anything. But I dont know if it is causing any other problems.

Thanks a lot Charles. It did help me a lot. It confirmed that my guesses are some what similar. Please do read this really really long post patiently if time permits, it has many points that may suddenly click you with some important clues. That is why I am explaining it so much.

Welcome to the forums. It would be more helpful if you do not use the Enter key so much and leave so much space in your post.

srbworld wrote:
( mother board leaks, dust ??? )

By "leaks" did you mean leaking capacitors? Since you thought this may be a problem, have you checked yourself? Just open up the case and look at the motherboard. Look here for some examples.

You seem to be experiencing a lot of problems, it can be hardware or software (malware, bad drivers, corrupted files due to bad hardware). It can be both too. You need to isolate the variables. Like others have said do a back up first, then try removing most components and test them one by one (even test with one stick of RAM too).

Thanks for the wonderful help. I will take care not to put many spaces in between. Please do let me know if I did it carelessly. Appreciate your sincerity.

There are no leaks. But the board has been repaired once. (As in reply to the quote above)

Yah, I will try and isolate it.

Right now, I cant find a spare Hard disk on to which I can copy the contents of my present Hard Disks. I have a CD Writer but its not working properly, due to this great set of inter-dependent problems. (Reasons stated before).

So, I might just buy a new Hard Disk. Am planning a fresh install on that. I hope there wont be issues with a new 160 GB 7400 RPM Disk in the current mother board. (Please do reply if you have any idea about this.)

Malware

I have never been affected by it before. (Or was I? :roll: )

But I noticed that all the links from Start Menu> Accessories > System Tools have been removed. ( I had done a few adware, spyware, antivirus tests and I remember having removed a heavy load of things in adwares. I thought the reason for removal from Start Menu> Accessories > System Tools was also dues to this)

Third the memory diags. And also check your temperatures. Running hard-drive diagnostics couldn't hurt either. Do you have any other components laying around that you can test it out with?

I wanted to run everesthome220.exe. (For detailed system information including temperature) But I was not able to.
Reason: Application Error.

Inside the box, error report is as follows:

Code: Select all

is-3SU74.tmp - Application error

The System failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). 
     Click on OK to terminate the application.

OK

But, I will definately somehow find a way to check the temperature. BTW, in the BIOS the level has been set at 70 Degree Cel. I am quite sure that, the temperature is being reached. Because, when I touch it, the processor heat sink, the near by areas. The Copper plate in the VGA card (Sis 695 Series. 32 MB. Not Fan cooled) is also quite hot. The hard disks are also quite hot after a 3 hour working. I think this is when the computer restarts after the blue screen.

I cant believe that you have actually taken the pain to read so much. Its more like a reading a boring new paper. But I really thank your effort. I have take a long, more than an hour, to type out this comprehensive reply simple because I want to share the maximum I know about this computer.

I hope you can inter connect the problems and provide me with a conclusion. Basically, which all components are mal-functioning.

I will perform the tests which you have suggested and get bank to you as soon as possible.

With the information you have now, I request you to kindly diagonise the problem.

Its more like a Microsoft Certified Trouble Shooting Certificate exercise, please do help with the available time you have.

It was a pleasure to come in such a wonderful active helpful forum. Please do keep up the good work. Do let me know, if there is anything I can do for you.

Yours Sincerely,
Rahul
srbworld
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:59 pm

Hi Jigar,

Thanks a lot. This is a wonderful set of helpful people anywhere in the web. Honestly!

I am from India.

I will definately do the RAM checks and get back to you. Please do help me then.

India where???? well i see a strong point of Ram being the culprit there... u should run the system on single stick and try both... :wink:
Intel i5 4670K @ 4.8GHZ|ATI Radeon HD 7970 (Stock)| 12 GB RAM (Stock)| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60" @ 120 HZ.
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:14 pm

India where???? well i see a strong point of Ram being the culprit there... u should run the system on single stick and try both...

From Cochin, Kerala.

Where are you from yaar?

Take Care.

Regards,
Rahul
srbworld
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:14 pm

Please, I beg of you, cut out all the bold, colour, italic crap. We can read long posts fine. All the stupid colour/styling crap serves nothing but to distract us the readers. Use them as little as possible please.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:25 pm

srbworld wrote:
India where???? well i see a strong point of Ram being the culprit there... u should run the system on single stick and try both...

From Cochin, Kerala.

Where are you from yaar?

Take Care.

Regards,
Rahul

Well i am from Baroda Gujarat.... :wink: anyways did u tried for Ram stick cause i had the same problem when i had P-3 with me.... and Ram use to die on me very often...just check that out
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:26 pm

Flying Fox wrote:Please, I beg of you, cut out all the bold, colour, italic crap. We can

read long posts fine. All the stupid colour/styling crap serves nothing but to distract us the

readers. Use them as little as possible please.

Oops, okay...

The following post is a really long one as you must have guessed, I have tried to include as

much useful information as I can so that you can understand the condition of my PC better.

I request you to inter connect the problems and your experience to give me an idea of the

possible hardware/software failures.

Thanking you in advance.

Geez Rahul..hard to know where to start except I can see you are having problems with

your font control
Hmm thats not gonna help much..ok when running small apps(like notepad) but with big programs

you are pushing it.

Make: Mercury ----> (An Indian venture by Kobian)
Power: 300 Watts
Voltage:230 V
Current:4 A
Frequency: 50 - 60 Khz

Rahul appears to not be as well financed as some people. So, I'd say he needs very specific help

here. I mean, he's running a rather old skool machine there.

I'd back up all data to the 20MB drive and re-install the OS. I'd also try cleaning out all the

dust in the computer especially on the heatsinks. At this time it looks like a fresh install

would work the best. Disregard if you have already done the fresh re-install of the OS.

Thanks. Will definately try it.

Seems to be random errors. So PSU, memory and heat is the top possible issues I guess. Verify

the heatsink is correctly installed on the CPU, run a memtest to verify memory. And maybe borrow

a PSU from someone to test for that. Also check heatsinks on chipsets.

Exactly. "Random errors, not related to each other.

PSU - 50 + chance of making problems:
Reason:
The power cables for CD Drive, Hard Disks etc have some problem. They work only some times and

that too only when we insert to a particular depth. I mean, I know the installation will work,

only if I switch on the PC, adjust the power chord to the hard disks and hear the sound of the

motor inside. Until the adjustment is made, the Hard Disk does not run and so BIOS does not

detect it.

Heat:
Again, a strong possible reason.

Thanks to my carelessness, once when I removed the fan, heat sink and processor; while I was

inserting it back. One of the four socket pins on the support of the motherboard gets locked,

broke off.

So now my heat sink is only +/- 75 percentage in proper contact with the processor. Also I could

not find a decent Heat Sink Compund, I am using another substitute used for Micro Processors but

not intels.

So, I dont know for sure, since I never had this issue before. The Processor getting overheated.

Now I am beginning to think, the reason why the computer shuts down randomly is because of this

overheating caused on processor.

But, the contradicting thing is. When I switch on the PC, some times it does not start. The

processor is definately quite cool. So I am confused at this point.

First of all Welcome to Techreport Rahul... i am Jigar ... where are u from

Looks more like .... one of the Ram stick is dying...... check the ram... run the system on

single stick see if the system is showing errors or not... and then start with the Heat sink.

Hi Jigar,

I am from India.

I'll vote another one for "Memtest". In order to be effective, the test should be run for at

least 24 hours straight. It should show if there is an issue with the main memory or the cache

on the processor.

The next thing I'd do (if memtest passed with flying colors) is download the free utility from

the hard drive manufacturer, and then thoroughly test the hard drives, to check for errors.

Other things to check would be: bulging/leaking caps on the motherboard; checking the processor

heatsink (reapplying thermal compound); check thermal solutions on the north/south bridge chips.

I am quite sure (40 PC) that one of my RAM is faulty. One of my friends told me. (What does

failing mean, does the ram fail gradually, I have never come across a bad ram, so i dont know.

please explain.)

RAM
Also whenever I try to execute a .exe file, the error regarding to inaccessibilty to so and so

memory locations come up. But I know that this can also happen, if Windows XP has some problem.

So, a bit confused. But probabilty that on RAM is faulty is very high.

The reason I can do the memtest now is. My computer wont let me burn CDs.

Reasons:
1. Computer restarts during burning with a blue screen.
2. The power chords to the CD Writer is a bit bad I think, the CD Drives functions only when it

wishes. So I doubt, the PSU is a cause. Still not sure.

MotherBoard

Kobian KOB 845 NFSX (has Intel chipset and slot for VGA Card.)

This is also in a pathetic condition. An year before I was in a similar situation and the

computer would not even boot. I got the mother board repaired. It works, but perfomance has

degraded. And I wonder whether all the other problems reagrding to RAM, VGA Card (it gets really

hot at times),Hard Disk, PSU etc... is due to faulty Mother Board.

But, now I dont see any leaks.

I have not changed the CMOS battery for 4 years now. I know its time. But, so far there have

been no time lags or anything. But I dont know if it is causing any other problems.

Thanks a lot Charles. It did help me a lot. It confirmed that my guesses are some what similar.

Please do read this really really long post patiently if time permits, it has many points that

may suddenly click you with some important clues. That is why I am explaining it so much.

Welcome to the forums. It would be more helpful if you do not use the Enter key so much and

leave so much space in your post.

srbworld wrote:
( mother board leaks, dust ??? )

By "leaks" did you mean leaking capacitors? Since you thought this may be a problem, have you

checked yourself? Just open up the case and look at the motherboard. Look here for some

examples.

You seem to be experiencing a lot of problems, it can be hardware or software (malware, bad

drivers, corrupted files due to bad hardware). It can be both too. You need to isolate the

variables. Like others have said do a back up first, then try removing most components and test

them one by one (even test with one stick of RAM too).

Thanks for the wonderful help. I will take care not to put many spaces in between. Please do let

me know if I did it carelessly. Appreciate your sincerity.

There are no leaks. But the board has been repaired once. (As in reply to the quote above)

Yah, I will try and isolate it.

Right now, I cant find a spare Hard disk on to which I can copy the contents of my present Hard

Disks. I have a CD Writer but its not working properly, due to this great set of inter-dependent

problems. (Reasons stated before).

So, I might just buy a new Hard Disk. Am planning a fresh install on that. I hope there wont be

issues with a new 160 GB 7400 RPM Disk in the current mother board. (Please do reply if you have

any idea about this.)

Malware

I have never been affected by it before.

But I noticed that all the links from Start Menu> Accessories > System Tools have been removed.

( I had done a few adware, spyware, antivirus tests and I remember having removed a heavy load

of things in adwares. I thought the reason for removal from Start Menu> Accessories > System

Tools was also dues to this)

Third the memory diags. And also check your temperatures. Running hard-drive diagnostics

couldn't hurt either. Do you have any other components laying around that you can test it out

with?

I wanted to run everesthome220.exe. (For detailed system information including temperature) But

I was not able to.
Reason: Application Error.

Inside the box, error report is as follows:

Code: Select all

is-3SU74.tmp - Application error

The System failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). 
     Click on OK to terminate the application.

OK

But, I will definately somehow find a way to check the temperature. BTW, in the BIOS the level

has been set at 70 Degree Cel. I am quite sure that, the temperature is being reached. Because,

when I touch it, the processor heat sink, the near by areas. The Copper plate in the VGA card

(Sis 695 Series. 32 MB. Not Fan cooled) is also quite hot. The hard disks are also quite hot

after a 3 hour working. I think this is when the computer restarts after the blue screen.

I cant believe that you have actually taken the pain to read so much. Its more like a reading a

boring new paper. But I really thank your effort. I have take a long, more than an hour, to type

out this comprehensive reply simple because I want to share the maximum I know about this

computer.

I hope you can inter connect the problems and provide me with a conclusion. Basically, which all

components are mal-functioning.

I will perform the tests which you have suggested and get bank to you as soon as possible.

With the information you have now, I request you to kindly diagonise the problem.

Its more like a Microsoft Certified Trouble Shooting Certificate exercise, please do help with

the available time you have.

It was a pleasure to come in such a wonderful active helpful forum. Please do keep up the good

work. Do let me know, if there is anything I can do for you..

Yours Sincerely,
Rahul
srbworld
Gerbil In Training

Re: Blue Screen - RAM Problem? Hard Disk? Video Card?

Postposted on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Nostalgia - Its 2013 now, and this was issue way bank in 2006.

Update : Issue was due to PSU. It wsa not delivering enough amps, and so all sorts of issues.
srbworld
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Nice to see you got some good help.

Welcome back :-)
Arvald
Gerbil XP
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Arvald wrote:Nice to see you got some good help.

Welcome back :-)

Thank you :-)
srbworld
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Question: are you still using the same computer? :)

~ Trellot
-ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 / Intel Core i5-2500K
-XFX Radeon HD 7970 3072MB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
-Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 PSU / Corsair 600T case
-G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB / Hitachi Deskstar 750GB
Trellot
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:40 pm

No :-)
srbworld
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Did you try checking error in your local disk? Sometime the problem is disk that have many bad sectors.
linnea
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Folks, this problem happened 8 years ago. We're done here.
Life is hard; but it's harder if you're stupid. Big Al.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Return to General Hardware