Great experience with Logitech Support

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Great experience with Logitech Support

Postposted on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:46 pm

I figure we rant on bad companies a lot and I wanted to voice when people do something right.

In late 2007 I bought a Logitech VX Nano mouse for my laptop. Some time in 2008 I lost the battery door for the mouse and thus began using it far less. Last week on a whim I checked out Logitech's part store looking for a replacement as I'm using my laptop more now. After checking they could not replace it but asked for my warranty status - and have just approved replacing the entire mouse under warranty.

Not every day I get service like that and makes me glad to see how far some companies go for customer service. I didn't yell, piss, or whine, and I openly admitted I lost the battery door myself.

it's not the same mouse (it's a Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX) but it looks very similar and still has the side mouse buttons I absolutely demand
My Dreamcast PC thread
Main Rig: FX-6100 / Radeon 6950 / Velociraptor HD because old school rotations
pikaporeon
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: Great experience with Logitech Support

Postposted on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Logitech is a company that has taken care of me many times....I always try to stick with their products.
Excellent support, especially when I compared it to the times I dealt with MS support for mouse hardware issues. Night and day.
Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:16 pm

I've had similar experiences with them replacing products, almost without question. That, and their fantastic products, makes me a loyal life-long Logitech customer.
x--x--x--x
Spyder22446688
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm certain I've spent more time typing on Logitech keyboards than any other form of writing - including pen and pencil... I just wish they would make a mechanical keyboard so I could maintain my peripheral branding... ;)
TR BBQ ~XI~ has come and gone but you can relive it by checking out this gallery!
drfish
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 am

Product: Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX ($49.99)
Just last week I had an issue with the left-button click key with the infamous "double-click" problem when the micro-switch goes bad after x-thousand clicks...

So I call up Logitech, explain the problem, tech asks me to try it on another computer, same problem... and then tech mentions they don't have any of my product in stock and asked me if it was okay for them to send me a replacement upgrade to the Performance Mouse MX ($99.99)
So hellz yeah! :D
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Wonder if I have one on the way as my replacement is the Anywhere MX - how did you find the Anywhere? Not sure what I'm getting into with it.
My Dreamcast PC thread
Main Rig: FX-6100 / Radeon 6950 / Velociraptor HD because old school rotations
pikaporeon
Graphmaster Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm

pikaporeon wrote:Wonder if I have one on the way as my replacement is the Anywhere MX - how did you find the Anywhere? Not sure what I'm getting into with it.

Anywhere MX was/is sold in a lot of retail stores around here... I got mine from Micro Center (brick & mortar store). Love it. Best mouse in the world. It has darkfield tech (can move on glass), the middle wheel is the fastest in the world. If you're not a gamer like me, this mouse will make you happy for years to come...
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Logitech is the only brand of trackball I buy.
--k
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm

A little off-track, but is the double-click problem pretty rampant? I've had been through 3 MX518s that have all succumbed to that, but each time they've been good about replacing it. Most currently they replaced it with a G400. I've always gone through the online support system, just explain that it happens regardless of what computer I use it on and what version of the Logitech software is installed, and from there they'll just ask for confirmation that it's still under warranty and ship me a new one.
spitfire650
Gerbil

Postposted on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:34 pm

The double-click is a failure mode of those "high-reliability" micro switches used in many mice. The contacts become corroded over time, and the mechanical springs relax and then you wind up with switch bounces that go on longer then the de-bouncing code/hardware can deal with. Thus two switch hits.

So if you have a moisture-rich environment, sweaty hands, or click a lot for things like CAD, this will happen sooner than later.
Last edited by liquidsquid on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liquidsquid
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:41 pm

drfish wrote:I'm certain I've spent more time typing on Logitech keyboards than any other form of writing - including pen and pencil... I just wish they would make a mechanical keyboard so I could maintain my peripheral branding... ;)

I only buy Logitech mice. If they made a keyboard with Cherry MX blue switches I'd get that too, if I was in the market for a new keyboard.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 pm

I've had much success with logitech support. had all of my issues taken care of, no problem. Even when out of warranty they've still gone the extra mile. Can't say i've ever had a bad MS experience. replaced bro in laws xbox 360 when it was 2 years out of warranty, no problem. when my bro dropped his 4gb zune in the water, and told them, they eventually upgraded him to an 80gb, and gave him a bunch of extra stuff, and added 2 years to his warranty. They've been great with me and my family. that's pretty much the main reason (besides bills work) that i like ms.
sweatshopking
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:23 pm

thegleek wrote:Just last week I had an issue with the left-button click key with the infamous "double-click" problem when the micro-switch goes bad after x-thousand clicks...

So I call up Logitech, explain the problem, tech asks me to try it on another computer, same problem... and then tech mentions they don't have any of my product in stock and asked me if it was okay for them to send me a replacement upgrade to the Performance Mouse MX ($99.99)

So hellz yeah! :D

I just wanted all to be aware of that long since I called Logitech support up on Dec 30th, 2011... I've been waiting patiently now for 2-3 months for my mouse. No such luck.

So today I re-called support up and gave them the reference # they send me and the support dude was like ZOMG WTFBBQ we seriously messed up!

So he got manager approval to ship me out the mouse in 1-2 business days expedited rush. geez-o-petes man! haha I've been using my damn WIRED mouse for so long... All this suffering!
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

The conclusion of my support was they did finally ship me a new replacement mouse. It wasn't the upgrade (Performance Mouse MX) that I was initially offered, but they shipped me the same product (Anywhere Mouse MX), which I am using right now. Sure beats using a corded mouse any day of the week! Also, the darkfield tech is simply stellar!
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Return to General Hardware