So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Postposted on Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 pm

I have an original Core i3 laptop and have my money ready for a replacement, $500 - $700. I've been waiting to see what Trinity will offer and so far I'm interested. Sooo, where are they?

I'd like to be able to play BF3 and it appears the A10 will just barely do it. I can get into a i5/7670 in my price range but I'm wondering about a hybrid/dual graphics situation with an A10 getting some help. I just want to see some actual products before spending my money.

I'd hate to buy the i5/7670 combo and find out two weeks later I could have picked up something better.

Anyone spot one in the wild?
License to kill gophers.
MethylONE
Gerbil XP
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Postposted on Thu May 17, 2012 4:34 pm

MethylONE wrote:I have an original Core i3 laptop and have my money ready for a replacement, $500 - $700. I've been waiting to see what Trinity will offer and so far I'm interested. Sooo, where are they?

I'd like to be able to play BF3 and it appears the A10 will just barely do it. I can get into a i5/7670 in my price range but I'm wondering about a hybrid/dual graphics situation with an A10 getting some help. I just want to see some actual products before spending my money.

I'd hate to buy the i5/7670 combo and find out two weeks later I could have picked up something better.

Anyone spot one in the wild?


I don't know how closely you read any reviews, but the Trinity tests were all done on a cobbled-together whitebook, so clearly Trinity-based notebooks are not in the retail channel yet.
Yeats
Gerbil XP
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Re: So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Postposted on Thu May 17, 2012 4:52 pm

I read the reviews, I'm just asking the question. There must be some rumors or Chinese website out there with pics and specs or something.

I'm chomping at the bit since I have the cash ready. I'm sure you guys can understand the feeling when you've made the commitment to a new part, have the money ready, and you're just waiting for the right decision to become clear.
License to kill gophers.
MethylONE
Gerbil XP
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Postposted on Thu May 17, 2012 5:02 pm

I'd bet a i5 with a HD7670 would crush Trinity in BF3 multiplayer, the multiplayer is BF3 puts a lot of demand on the processor that doesn't show in the single player tests every review shows.
Washer
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Postposted on Thu May 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Washer wrote:I'd bet a i5 with a HD7670 would crush Trinity in BF3 multiplayer, the multiplayer is BF3 puts a lot of demand on the processor that doesn't show in the single player tests every review shows.


That's good to know. I'd really like to see a Trinity Hybrid setup.

For as many people as there are using laptops as primary computers nowadays there are surprisingly few reviews. The mobile GPU world is a hazy mess of information with model numbers all over the place.

I think I can hold out until the end of the month, if I don't see any new info I'll go with the i5/7670.
License to kill gophers.
MethylONE
Gerbil XP
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Postposted on Thu May 17, 2012 5:14 pm

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison ... 130.0.html

Notebook Check has the most complete information I've found on mobile graphics cards and laptop gaming results. I'd highly suggest you check the site out of if you haven't before.
Washer
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Postposted on Thu May 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Just found my first review. http://goo.gl/rUq7l

Notebookcheck is the spot I've using for reference, that's where I found out that the 7670 is the same as the 6650 (but oddly just a bit better??) Confusing stuff.
License to kill gophers.
MethylONE
Gerbil XP
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: So where are the Trinity Laptops?

Postposted on Tue May 29, 2012 10:12 pm

MethylONE wrote:I'm chomping at the bit since I have the cash ready.


Champing. It's champing. Champing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltb_14CWqDA
NotRappaport
Gerbil In Training
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:01 pm


Return to General Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests