Computer can't power on :(

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Computer can't power on :(

Postposted on Tue May 29, 2012 11:44 am

Hi guru,

Recently my windows vista keep showing me startup repair , so I decide to open out the case n find out what is the cause of the problem .

Before I pull out any of the item from motherboard , I try to start it but nothing see to move e motherboard ,

I using p5qpl-vim with silver stone 400w , I can only see the green led according the to manual it was in standby mode ,no matter how many time I press the start button it just can't power on :(

Any idea ? My hoc was only 3 yr old n it was use by my father only :)
mghong
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: Computer can't power on :(

Postposted on Tue May 29, 2012 11:55 am

I know you said that you did not pull anything out of the motherboard, but if absolutely nothing is happening, it sounds like your connections to your start switches is broken. Make sure everything is connected securely on your motherboard and see if you can get it to turn on.
Damage wrote:Don't try to game the requirements by posting everywhere, guys, or I'll nuke you from space.

-Probably the best Damage quote ever.
superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

A possible cause of the Windows corruption is a failing or loose component, so you may have to do a step-by-step tear down and re-build to identify it. However, you might also have loosened the connector to the front panel when you removed the cover and started checking around inside, so look for that, too.
He who laughs last, laughs first next time.
ludi
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Tue May 29, 2012 12:19 pm

You can also try pulling the CMOS battery, or clearing the CMOS via a jumper on the board. Either will fix some oddball power on issues that you seem to be encountering. Good luck with the work, and as usual consult your manual on how to do the CMOS reset if need be.
Intel i5 2500K@4.3, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD, Powercolor 7970 3GB, 2GB Hitachi HDD, Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Ed, Corsair H80, Win 7 Pro
Walkintarget
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Tue May 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Yesterday I have try to clear the CMOS follow the manual till can't able to power it ,I even try to disconnect the atx12 connector n connect it back , pull off hd,CDROM,cable also didn't show useful .

But this morning when i open my computer room and found out the computer was "power on" by itself...Crazy :-?
mghong
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Wed May 30, 2012 11:47 am

i found a way to kick my sleeping computer awake..

1st i set the 2 of USB jumper to wake up at 1.65v , before i start the computer i plug in my USB -external harddisk on it , once the power is on i will push the power button and let it
run by itself..(hahaha something like jump start our car).

I can't figure out what actually went wrong on the computer...now i'm using it to post my message now..

anyone have experience please assist so that i can find a permanent solution for this :)
mghong
Gerbil Team Leader

Return to General Hardware